The Future {45}

Malea's POV

I took a deep breath, my mind in a frenzy of thought and emotions that just wouldn't process. I'm going to be having a child. Lucian and I are going to be having a child.

  An overwhelming rush of excitement flooded through me. I was already imagining how I want the nursery to look like.

    I placed a hand absently on my flat stomach and glanced in the mirror. I can't believe it.

"Babe, are you alright in there?" Lucian called from the other side of the door.

I took a deep breath and glanced down at the pregnancy tests. "We're alright." I replied with a sly smirk of my own. I could sense his confusion and suppressed the laugh that bubbled up my throat.

"Who's we?" He asked, confusion clear on his tone.

I unlocked the door then, and held up the pregnancy tests. "Me and the baby." I couldn't help the grin that spread across as Lucian's face of confusion turned to disbelief, to surprise, to a look of pure joy.

"You're pregnant?" Was all he said, his eyes widened in disbelief as he stared at the pregnancy tests. Suddenly, he had me in his arms, his head nestled into my neck. "Malea, are you serious?"

I chuckled softly, still not believing it myself. "We're having a baby, Lucian." I whispered and he only pulled me into him tighter.

"I'm going to be a father," He recounted softly to himself, his voice choked with emotion. "We're going to be parents." I couldn't believe it myself as I stood there in his arms, thinking about the future.

______

(6 months later)

"Hurry up, Lucian!" I called irritably from downstairs, one hand placed protectively over my large stomach, and the other behind my back. The back pain I've been getting is ridiculous and I wanted nothing more than for Lucian to get his ass downstairs and take me to the doctor's office.

I opened my mouth to shout a string of curses at him but before I could get the words out of my mouth, he was already making his way downstairs. "Sorry, love." He apologized once he neared me.

Lucian pulled me in for a long kiss before opening the front door and helping me down the front steps to the car. "For a pregnant lady, you get ready pretty quickly."

I halted in my steps. "Did you just indirectly insult me?" I questioned, knowing I was acting based on the hormones and my crazy mood swings.

Instead of arguing, Lucian laughed and opened the passengers side and helped me inside, making sure to buckle the belt over the swell of my stomach.

In a matter of minutes, we were on the road and on the way to the doctor's office. "Have you finished painting the nursery?" I asked as Lucian took a right turn. He reached over and took my hand in his, my wedding ring glinting in the sunlight, before he pressed a kiss onto my knuckles.

"Of course. I finished it last night while you were asleep." He glanced over at me, a small smile lifting the corner of his lips.

"We all know I wasn't sleeping. Our baby here, kept me up all night." I laughed softly. "You have no idea how many times I woke up to pee."

"I think I can imagine due to the fact that every time you woke up you'd curse like hell." Lucian chuckled, his thumb circling the skin on the back of my hand. 

He's right. I don't get lots of sleep now that our baby's due so soon. "Do you think our baby's going to be a boy or a girl?" I wondered aloud.

"Definitely a girl." He answered as he stopped at a red light.