Finally Normal {32}

Malea's POV

I yawned and allowed my eyes to adjust to the light streaming in from the floor to ceiling windows. I flipped over in the bed, careful to avoid pressing my wounds against the bed.

Lucian's still sleeping. He has a tendency to take off his shirt before bed and wear only basketball shorts. I smiled while silently soaking in every detail on his body. The freckle on the side of his neck. The way his hips dip into a V and disappear into his shorts. The steady intake of breath as he slept. The ridges of toned muscles that made its way down his chest.

Lucian opened one eye, a loopy grin spreading across his lips. "Would you like a better look?"

I blushed and allowed my dark hair to cover my reddening face. He quickly wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me towards him in one swift motion all the while being careful with my wounds. I fell into place on top of his body, my thin, oversized t-shirt not doing very much as I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"Good morning, beautiful." He whispered, our foreheads pressed together and our eyes staring into each other. 

"Why do you sleep in shorts?" I blurted. 

Lucian laughed, the deep sound reverberating from his chest and to mine. "I used to not wear anything to bed..."

I squeezed my eyes shut, the blush in my cheeks increasing rapidly. "That's not what I meant. I meant to ask, why not sleep in-" He cut me off by pressing his lips to mine. His hands trailed down my back and stopped at the hem of my t-shirt. Then the alarm clock started ringing. I rolled off his body to turn off the alarm. It's 10:15.

I climbed out of the bed carefully and limped over to the nightstand for support. "Where are you going?" Lucian pouted jokingly.

"I have to take a shower. I plan on being productive today." I giggled as Lucian climbed out of the bed. He stretched with his back to me, the muscles in his shoulder blades flexing. There's another freckle on his back, near his left arm.

"Do you need help?" He asked as he turned to me. I thought he was joking until I saw his face. He was serious.

I opened the bathroom door. "What would I possibly need help with?" I backed up slowly into the bathroom, full knowing Lucian wouldn't leave my side. Even if I needed to shower.

Lucian shrugged and began walking towards me slowly, a sly smile pulling at his lips. "I don't know...I could help you take off that t-shirt...Or help you get in the shower..." Lucian trailed on. The way he said it made me want to say yes. More than anything. But instead I grinned, shook my head and closed the bathroom door behind me.

I took a shower quickly, enjoying the steady rhythm of hot water against my skin. I turned off the shower and headed back into the room. I glanced around the room and headed over to the dresser. Lucian cleared out one of his dressers for me even though I asked him not to.

I pulled out the first drawer and got dressed in a pair of dark skinny jeans and a loose, white crop top. Then I walked carefully downstairs and into the kitchen to find something to eat, only to see that Lucian already made breakfast. He stood next to the island counter, two plates of waffles on the counter. They were garnished with fruits and whipped cream and to the side a small bottle of syrup.

Lucian took up both plates and set them on the breakfast table before I could offer to bring them over. He pulled out my chair and I sat down. "Thank you for breakfast." I said gratefully as he took the seat across from me.

"You're welcome." He smiled at me before drizzling syrup on his waffles. I picked up my fork and knife, ready to cut into them but before I could Lucian held up his hand. "I'll cut them for you."

I shot him an irritated look. "I think I'm more than capable of cutting my own waffles."

"Are you sure?" Lucian asked playfully.

I nodded and dug in, the sweet flavor covering my tongue. "Are you going to work today?" I asked as I bit into a ripe raspberry.

He nodded. "I think its about time that I go, but if you don't want me to, I'll stay." I finished up my waffles quickly and stood up and began heading over to Lucian. I took up his plate and made my way to the sink.

I felt Lucian's strong arms wrap around my waist.  He set his chin in the crook of my neck and placed a kiss on my cheek, his stubble scratching my jaw slightly. I relaxed in his arms. "I'll miss you, today." He whispered.

"Mmm..I'll miss you too." I spun around in his arms so I was looking into his eyes. "But I have plans today also."

Lucian raised an eyebrow and kissed down my neck softly. I felt a shiver trail down my spine. "Mind sharing?" He whispered huskily.

"I'm going to see my family. They've been so worried and they couldn't fly in from California." As soon as I said California, Lucian froze, his lips hovering over my ear.

"California?" Lucian stepped back a bit, his dark eyebrows knitted in confusion. "Wait. You're flying out to California? When? For how long?"

"Two weeks and I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Did you plan on telling me about these plans before?" Lucian asked, his arms loosening around my waist.

"It was kind of an impromptu decision. My mom called this morning and instead of standing here, I should be packing." I pulled myself away from him and made my way up to the room. I opened my handbag and began rifling through it for my keys. I need to head over to my apartment to get my suitcase.

Lucian placed hand on my shoulder. "If you're going, then I'm coming too." I froze. Then turned around to face him. He had his hands tucked in his pockets, his gray eyes focused on me. I tried to avert my eyes from his body.

"You don't have to come, Lucian." I put my hands in the back pockets of my jeans.

He rested his hands on my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. "I want to come. Maybe I can even meet your parents..." I grinned against his chest. 

"That would be wonderful." 

___

A/N

Hey!! I'm so sorry this chapter was so friggin short but I'll be publishing the next chapter really soon. I think the next chapter should be out tonight. Thanks so much for reading.

Much Love,

Me :)