Lies Upon Lies{41}

Malea's POV

I pulled my suitcases after me and inside the house, with Lucian behind me.

As soon as the door closed, Isabelle came bustling down the stairs. "Lucian? Are you home already?" I scoffed silently. She makes it seem as if she's his wife.

As soon as I caught sight of what she was even wearing, my eyes lowered to slits. She had on an extremely tight tank top and hadn't bothered to wear a bra and with it a pair of incredibly short shorts.

As soon as Isabelle saw me, she froze and then sneered. "What are you doing here?" She snarled.

"I'm moving back in." I tried to supress the scowl that wanted to make its way onto my face but instead smiled.

Isabelle moved closer cautiously. "Lucian...are you okay with her here? I mean you two aren't even together anymore."

"I've never been more sure of a decision before." He shot me a look before turning to face Isabelle. "I'm going to need you to pack your things and leave."

Isabelle's jaw dropped before she replaced her stunned expression with a scowl. "What? Why?"

"I can't have you here any longer." Lucian stepped forward, his tall frame towering over Isabelle's menacingly. "I know what you did. I know that you've done anything and everything you possibly could to try and put a rift between Malea and I and I just want you to know that you failed."

Isabelle's mouth opened and closed as if she wanted to say something but couldn't. "Isabelle." I stepped forward, earning a glance of acknowledgement from Lucian. "I love Lucian. And nothing you could ever do or say, could change that. And the fact that you stooped to such an unbelievable level as to log onto my phone and send a false message, truly shows your true character."

Isabelle was put on the spot. She had one emotion on her face. The one emotion I never knew I would see out of her. Meekness and embarrassment exuded off her. But just as quickly as those emotions were clear on her face, they disappeared and instead was replaced with a look of disgust.

"You're honestly going to come crawling back to Lucian after what he's done to you? He cheated on you." I froze, her words were like pouring salt into an open wound. The wound was still fresh and she had just ripped it back open. Once she realized she got the response she wanted out of me she grinned a sadisticly snide smile.

"I might have kissed Lucian, but trust me, he wanted me in that moment more than he ever wanted you." I hadn't even noticed that I had slapped Isabelle until I heard her yelp in pain and until I felt a slight tingling running through my hand.

Instead of looking in pain, Isabelle had a hand over her cheek and loopy smile across her face. "I'll be gone by this afternoon." She spun around and begun her way up the stairs and paused mid way before turning back to face me. "Watch your back Malea."

Lucian reached forward to place a hand on my shoulder, but I shrugged off his touch. "I have to put my things away." And I hurried up the stairs the same way Isabelle just had, her words still cutting and ricocheting through me.

"...He wanted me in that moment more than he ever wanted you."

                               ***
Lucian and I agreed on continuing the whole boyfriend and girlfriend façade today because we would be visiting my family. I don't have the heart to tell them about our current situation.

I turned off the shower, the steam fogging up the mirror as I wrapped a towel around my body. I wiped away the steam on the mirror and stared at muself. I had darker bags under my eyes, which only made my green eyes seem more tired and my black hair was way longer than when I last remember. It's past mid-back. I need a trim.

I turned away from the mirror and unlocked the door. I almost collided into Lucian.

Lucian's POV

Instinctively I reached out to steady Malea, my hands placed around her waist. "Woah, be careful."

She glanced up at me, a blush rising up her freckled cheeks. I didn't have a shirt on and I could tell she tried not to let her eyes wander. "Thanks but why are you using this bathroom? Don't you have one in your room?" Malea asked.

"I left my razor in this bathroom." I replied. Honestly, I did leave my razor here, but in the back of my mind I knew a small part of me wanted to use that as an excuse to see Malea. I allowed my eyes to drift from her face to her body. The only thing covering her is a towel. Just a towel. A simple peice of fabric that I wanted more than anything to pull off her.

"Well, I have to get dressed, so..." Malea trailed off. Immediately I snapped out of my thoughts and removed my hands from her reluctantly. I hadn't even noticed that I had still been holding on to her.

She looked at me for a beat longer, before brushing past me and closing her room shut.

I need to get Malea back. I need my girlfriend back. I need the one person I've ever loved and will ever love back. And I will get her back.

***
Malea's POV

I rang the doorbell and stepped back. The door opened to reveal Vera, her hair piled onto her head in a messy bun. She looked so tired.

As soon as she saw me and Lucian, she tensed. "Um, what are you both doing here?"

My eyebrows knitted in confusion. "Didn't mom tell you we were coming over to visit? We leave back to New York in 3 days and we wanted to spend as much time with you as possible."

Vera nodded stiffly and her eyes flitted over to Lucian. "I don't think it's best that you come in."

I froze. What is she talking about? "Vera. What do you mean?"

Vera frowned but moved out of the way and let us in. As soon as I stepped inside I could hear someone sobbing. Is everything okay?

Immediately, I hurried into the family room where the sound was coming from and stopped in my tracks when I figured out who it was that was crying.

Isabelle.

She sat on the couch, her face twisted in pain and despair. She had an ice pack pressed to her darkening cheek.

"A-And Lucian did nothing to stop her when she h-hit me a second time." Isabelle could barely finish her sentence before bursting into a fresh wave of tears. Damn she's a good actress.

Lucian and I stood there, dumbfounded at how well Isabelle had played us. She's twisting the whole situation around and making herself seem like the victim.

"I t-think she was jealous of me and when Lucian began to pay a significant amount of attention to me, she snapped. Lucian snuck up to my room one day and tried to get me to agree to see him behind Malea's back but of course I said no firmly and Lucian got angry. I think that's why he kicked me out of his house." She blubbered falsely.

Someone might need to hold me back otherwise I would do a lot more damage to her face than I did before.

"That's absolute bullshit." Lucian growled his fists clenched and a vein protruding at the side of his neck.

All heads turned to face us including Isabelle. As soon as Isabelle was sure all eyes were on us and not on her, she shot me a sly smirk quickly before replacing it with a look of pain.

My mother stood up abruptly. I've never seen her angrier and she is now. "I think it's best if both of you left now."

"Dad—" I said, trying to get him to defend me but instead he held up his palm.

"Bye Malea."

Before I could try to protest, Lucian took my hand and steered me away from my family and out the door.

"I think it's about time we head back to New York." He muttered as we entered his car.

I couldn't agree more.

___
A/N

I love you all so much! You all make my day whenever you comment and vote! Thanks so much for your reads!

Much love,
Me :)