Exposed {42}

Malea's POV

"We leave in 30 minutes. Make sure you have everything packed because I don't plan on ever coming back here again." Lucian threw a tshirt into his suitcase and zipped it up before turning to look at me.

Even two days later, I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Isabelle made me and Lucian seem like monsters in front of my parents. I let my head fall in my hands and let out a soft groan of frustration.

I felt Lucian's hand fall onto my shoulder and I looked up to find him sitting next to me, a look of remorsefulness in his face. "Everything's going to be alright, love." I love how he calls me that. He cupped my chin in his hand and tilted my face so I was staring straight into his chilling yet welcoming gray eyes.

"Are you sure? Because anything that can go wrong will go wrong." I frowned at my own pessimistic words.

Lucian threw his head back and laughed. "Very original, Malea. Quoting Murphy's Law." I giggled and leaned my head against his chest, allowing him to wrap his arms around my shoulders and bring me closer.

I relished in the feel of his touch and I realized something. What I said to Isabelle was one hundred percent true. I do love Lucian and I wouldn't trade him for the world. And I'm not going to let one mistake that we can work through, ruin our relationship.

"Lucian?" I turned to look at him.

"Hmm..?" He asked, his eyes drifting to my lips.

"I love you." Lucian sucked in a harsh breath. "And I don't know if you feel the same way about me—" I fumbled.

Lucian took my hand in his, our faces so close. "Malea. I don't think you understand. I never stopped loving you."

I didn't hesitate and pressed my lips on his. He immediately responded and moved his lips against mine, his strong hands trailing down my body.

Lucian hooked his arm around the back of my knees and stood up, carrying me with him, all the while without breaking the kiss. Suddenly he dropped me gently onto the bed and aligned his body on top of mine, his warmth radiating off him and on to me.

He wasn't kissing me now but was instead staring at me, awe and adoration glinting in his eyes. And then his lips were pressed onto my neck, sending shivers racing up and down my spine. And then his lips were back on mine, the familiar feel welcoming me. He nipped gently at my bottom lip and I pulled him closer.

His hands trailed down my body and stopped at the hem of my tshirt. He tugged at it in an attempt to pull it off. He'd successfully gotten my shirt halfway off me before a loud alarm started blaring. Lucian groaned before rolling off me to turn off the alarm on his phone. "We have 10 minutes."

I sighed in irritation before hopping off the bed and adjusting my shirt. Then I headed over to my open suitcase. I rifled through the dresser drawers and dropped my things into the suitcase messily.

"Does it mean you and I are now together again?" I heard him ask from behind me.

I smiled to myself. "Yes." And then I paused and turned to face Lucian who had been staring at me. "I don't think we should leave."

He sat up straighter and cocked an eyebrow. "What? Why?"

"I can't allow something like this to put a rift between my family and I. And I can't allow Isabelle to turn my family against me like that." I begun pacing the room. "I need an idea. A way to expose her for who she really is and what she's capable of."