Butterfly Knife {29}

Malea's POV

All I could see is black. My head throbbed and I was in danger before I could even open my eyes. I blinked once, twice and adjusted my eyes to the dark room I was in.

I looked down at my wrists only to realize that they're behind my back. The sticky feeling of duck tape on my lips made me panic all the more.

I looked around frantically and soon realize that I'm in a cabin. My heart began racing in fear as I thought of all the horrible things that could happen to me right now.

A muffled scream caught my attention. I whipped my head up to see a woman sitting across from me. Her dark head was down and her hands were tied behind her back. A thick bundle of rope tied her down to the wooden pole she was resting on and I could see the outline of duck tape on her lips. I'm not the only one.

She lifted her head and I suddenly realized who she is...Ales. My breath got caught in my throat and I wanted to scream and cry but couldn't once I heard the sound of heavy footsteps.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to calm my pounding heart and the feeling of sobbing to no end.

"I know you're awake now." That voice. Myra. I looked up at her. She was dressed in black skinny jeans, a black sweater and she held a black ski mask in her hand.

Ales lifted her head and looked at Myra, hatred pure in her eyes.

"Winter!" Myra shouted. "Bring her in." And suddenly my world turned upside down. Winter was working with Myra all along? Winter dragged a screaming and kicking woman in and tied her to the wooden pole next to me. She had dark skin and the duck tape over her mouth muffled her screams.

The woman shook her head to shake away the dark peices of hair in her eyes. I almost screamed as I stared at Elaine. What did she have to do with all of this?

Winter's vibrant red hair looked so out of place in this setting. She grinned sadistically and looked down at all of us. "I bet you're wondering why you're all here."

I swallowed down my fear and tried to calm down.

"It's because you all took something from us that we can never get back." Winter spat.

Myra began to pace the room, her dark boots clanging against the musty, dark floors. "Malea. You took Levi away from me. What do you have to say about that?" She turned to face me and once she realized that I still had the duck tape on my lips she threw her head back and laughed. "Oh right. You still have that on." She walked forward and I shrunk back.

I've never been as scared of her as I am now, her menacing character bend over me to peel off the duck tape. Without hesitation, she ripped it off and took chunks of the dry skin on my lips with it. I screamed in pain. Myra and Winter only laughed. "There's more of that coming."

"Now, Malea. What do you have to say for yourself?" Myra asked again. She grabbed my jaw roughly and snapped my head up to look at her. The hatred in her eyes was enough to kill me on the spot.

"Levi only wanted Gina. That's why he dated me. To get to Gina." I spat, suddenly feeling so much hatred towards Myra and Levi and Winter. I tasted the metallic tang of blood in my mouth.

Myra stumbled back as if the words stung. "That's not true. Levi loved me before you came along."

"Levi never loved you!" I shrieked, animosity poring out of my words. My head cracked to the side as Myra slapped me, a white hot pain lancing up my cheek. And suddenly another peice of duck tape was pressed against my lips.

Before I could lift my head to see what was happening, something hard and heavy struck my head, breaking the skin and causing pain like none other to shoot through my head. I screamed in agony as the world went black.