6 | not a crush

@gorehippie's chapter |

"Just tell your dad I'm helping you with homework," Mark stated simply.

Jack took a short breath, "It's not that simple. If I tell him that then we need to do that. He's going to check when I get home."

"Doesn't trust his goody two shoes son?" Mark asked, joint in mouth.

"That's not the worst of it," Jack looked down, "He'd want to call your mom to make sure."

Jack could hear Mark start to snicker, cigarette still in mouth. He was just holding it in his mouth, not smoking it yet it was clearly lit.

It was already mid October, almost Halloween. In Jack's eyes it was already Halloween, the whole month of October was Halloween. Jack always liked Halloween, just the idea of being someone else for a day. A day where cliques didn't matter because everyone was the same.

"My mom gets home at 3:00, then leaves again at 3:30. My dads not home until 6:00. So you can just tell your dad that my moms going to be there the whole time," Mark blew smoke up towards the bathroom ceiling.

"Okay," Jack trailed off, not knowing why he was doing this.

3:00 pm

Jack tapped his thigh, "She'll be here soon right?"

"Yes she'll be here soon, don't worry I explained it to her," Mark leaned back into the couch.

"She's just cool with this?" Jack asked, "My dad would ground me if I even tried to help a friend lie, especially to their parent."

"Jack."

"Yeah?"

"It's fine."

Jack took a deep breath, still tapping his thigh in anticipation. Mark is without a doubt the worst influence in his life. Jack knew that, but he just found himself drawn to Mark. It was plain to see that Jack had a crush on Mark, but Jack just couldn't come to terms with it. He spent his whole life being taught that a guy liking guys is wrong, so how could he. It didn't matter as long as Mark hadn't caught on, but oh he had.

"Got a crush on any girls?" Mark asked, way calmer than Jack was.

"Not really. The girls here are all so awful, plus it doesn't really matter because the only ones who'd date me are super churchy. I get enough of that in my life already," Jack pointed out.

Mark laughed a bit, "Guess that's why you hang with me."

Jack nodded, a smile playing his lips.

"How about guys, got a crush on one?" Mark smirked.

"No of course not," Jack stated.

Once the words had passed his lips Jack felt a couple of hands push him down into the couch and hold his arms together, pinning him down once again; once again he couldn't say he didn't like it.

"Bullshit." Mark said plainly.

Jack stuttered, unable to muster a response.

"Kiss me." Mark demanded shortly.

Jack's eyes widened in shock, he couldn't believe what Mark had just said. Though he did want to. Boy did he want to, but it was wrong right?

Mark didn't ease up, "I'm not letting you go until you do. It's obvious you want to."

"I-I can't. I don-n't like guy-s," Jack trembled.

"Your dad can't control what you do in your free time, he doesn't even have to know," Mark persuaded.

Jack couldn't lie, the persuasion was working. Without self control Jack would've just done it. Mark was inches from his face, Jack could feel his dense, smoky breath on his face.

"I'l-" was all that came out of Mark's mouth before Jack did it.

Despite knowing better, Jack had kissed Mark. His mouth tasted like cigarettes, but it was all Jack has wanted for months and it was better than he had imagined.