8 | assembly hidden

@gorehippie's chapter |

"Aren't you supposed to be at the assembly?" Mark asked once he opened the bathroom door.

Jack looked away, "No, I'd rather be with you."

Mark raised an eyebrow, cigarette in mouth.

"I'm sorry," Jack mumbled, "I got scared."

"Why?" Mark slid down beside Jack.

Jack bit at his lip, "I've never been confronted with my sexuality. All my life I've been taught that being gay is a sin, but I really like you and you can obviously tell. Please don't beat me up."

"I'm not going to beat you up," Mark sighed, "I actually think you're pretty adorable."

Jack looked down, a dusted red coaxing his cheeks. He smiled into his lap, unaffected by the overwhelming smell of smoke.

"You think I'm adorable?" Jack whispered.

Mark nudged Jack with his elbow, "Yeah the way your hoodies always fall straight off your shoulders is pretty cute. I like how flustered you get over doing things right. I don't know you're just adorable."

Jack slid over closer to Mark, "Where do we go from here?"

"Well if you don't run off on me, I guess we could hook up. In private of course, so you can keep your clean reputation," Mark took a drag.

"Does that mean I get to kiss you again?" Jack looked to Mark with hopeful eyes.

Mark nodded slowly, "So I'm dating the preacher's son. Got that squared away I guess."

"You don't have to be a dick," Jack joked.

Mark leaned his head against the wall, "Isn't that like a sin or something, like no swearing."

"It's suggested, not a sin doofus," Jack smiled.

"Well I suggest you kiss me again before the assembly is over and you have to go back to class," Mark smirked.

Jack shook his head a bit before pressing their lips together for a quick moment, "Satisfied?"

"Very," Mark lolled his head back again onto the cool cement wall.

They both sit there, enjoying being alone together for the short time they have. Jack still has his knees pulled to his chest and Mark still has his cigarette. Hanging out with Mark was already something Jack shouldn't do, but dating him was a whole different level.

Jack knew he was falling in love with Mark and all he could ever hope is that Mark would fall in love with him as well, one day.

"We're going to have to do a lot of 'studying' if you want our relationship to exist outside of skipping assemblies," Mark noted.

Jack nodded in agreement, a grin sitting softly on his face, "That'd be improvement."

"Yeah you think," Mark laughed, taking yet another drag as the bell began to ring.

Without second thoughts Jack placed another kiss on Mark's lips before running out the door.

Jack wasn't sure of much anymore, but Jack was sure that Mark was worth sinning for.