Chapter 18: And We're Not Fucked

"Who are you?"

Chills ran down your spine. You turned you head slowly to meet the intimidating stare of the stranger's icy blue eyes. Your breath was seen visibly as your eyes met his.

You were scared yet you still had the guts to look at him. His icy glare were piercing into your eyes as if he was examining your whole being.

"Who are you?" He asked once more.

You remained silent. You knew people like him. You knew what he uses to lure things out.

"Berwald." You whipped your head to your right to see Lukas shining his flashlight at the both of you. "Bror."

Knew it! You looked at Berwald and back to Lukas.

They didn't look a like except that they had blonde hair, but with the difference of shades. And we won't forget the slightly hostile aura they had around.

Berwald and Matthias would've been directly called brothers if he was here, but with Lukas or Emil? Not a chance. Lukas was different. They looked nothing a like.

Berwald was taller than him by a few more inches. He had cerulean blue eyes like Matthias, only that he had the most intimidating look you've seen in your entire life. Gold blonde hair shorter than Lukas'. Thin-rimmed glasses.

You realized that this stare has been going on for over a minute and he has released you from his grip.

"I... Uhh..." You got their attention that resulted into glares at you. "I'm just gonna give you guys some privacy."

You quickly walked away feeling nervous and anxious from the brothers' conflict.

****

You waited for a while at the hood of the car. You sat there looking mindlessly at the dark road, and thrashed forest from the troll attack.

You cupped your hands and blew into them. Frostbites appeared on your fingers that gave your hands a bluish tinge. You couldn't feel your hands from the coldness. You tried moving them. You can barely feel them move.

"(Y/n)." You heard Lukas' voice as he and Berwald appeared beside you. "This is my brother... Berwald."

Lukas seemed a bit unsure and angry about this. It was clear that he didn't want his older brother here.

"Hey..." You greeted as you shoved your left hand into one of the pockets of your parka to keep it warm as you took out your other hand for a shake. "I-I'm (Full name)..."

He stared at you and then looked at the camera that hung from your neck. You stood there with your hand out nervously as he glared at you.

"I would recommend that you should stop taking documents and go home." He spoke colder than the climate. "You need to stop and drop everything. Forget what you saw."

You looked at him as your heart seemed to forgot how to beat from the fear that engulfed you. He was very intimidating, the most intimidating man you've met since your own cousin who grew up to be one. His eyes were icy blue now. The sharp icicles that seemed to pierce into your own in a hostile vibe.

He stepped closer to you, and without any warning Lukas blocked his way to get to you. Your eyes widened and stepped back from the two brothers. Your retreated your other frostbitten hand into your parka.

The brothers had a glaring contest while you stayed behind Lukas a little scared and nervous. The wind howled and the goosebumps on your skin began to rise. You could feel the mood that type brothers showed. Annoyance. It was there shooting at each other. It wasn't the playful kind like how you are annoyed at your friend or by someone just teasing you. The annoyance with a vibe of hostility. You found this very unlikely. They were brothers yet they seem hostile to each other.