Chapter 25: WTF I Didn't Expect This!

You didn't know if you should murder him now or later for taking you to a draugr site, like a whole area that's just for draugar. An abandoned graveyard in the middle of nowhere. The fact that Lukas knew the place well made you feel like one of his ancestors are some draugar here.

"Fuck you, Lukas..." You muttered. "Fuck you."

"I love you too."

You sighed and crossed your arms like a child, leaning against the dead tree next to you.

The entire place was filled with burial mounds and other underground mausoleums. The thought of it made you paranoid on every step you were going to take. Lukas reminded you that some of the corpses aren't draugar, not everyone beneath the ground were cursed. He made it east to think, but you weren't going to let the thought go that you might accidentally disturb one that's immune against weapons.

There was no way you were fighting that because you'd panic simply at the sight of one, or you become a bad ass because you got the reflex of Rapunzel. If only you had a frying pan.

Lukas equiped himself with an iron sword, which has been in the trailer since the time at the shop. You insisted the frying pan, but you guessed that it won't have chances in cutting bodies in half.

(If the pan I created in roleplays actually exists, I'd get myself one of those. For weaponry and cooking. Non-stick and ready for battle.)

Eventually, the both of you managed to enter a tomb safely. You expected booby traps because it's a fucking tomb. Every tomb you've seen in movies or read in books would have contraptions that would lead to the explorer's or thieves' deaths. Heck, you almost thought a giant boulder was going to chase you both.

It wasn't that you were disappointed that it wasn't like any of the video games you've played, but you were glad ot wasn't. Even if being shipwrecked on a cursed island sounds cool, it would be a hell for you. Fictional and catastrophic scenarios seemed cool until you experienced all of those for the past few weeks. You wished that you were back in the trailer with some hot chocolate.

"There are two reasons why we're here." Lukas started as he was checking the burrow below some broken stone carvings on the wall. "First reason is that we're going to get you a weapon, one that is more efficient than the bell."

"But I like my bell." You said and gave a little ring.

"Will it be effective against other creatures though?"

You sighed. He had a point, but the bell was precious to you. It was like your main weapon for weeks.

"Lastly, there's a relic we need in there." He added and stood up. "The rest of the tomb is below, so you better get ready for the draugr below."

"Wait, if you say draugr you only mean one of them right?"

"If we're lucky."

You let out a heavy sigh and followed him.

"Can't I at least have the sword?" You asked. "Or like a weapon?"

He handed you a dagger with the engraves of runes and characters.

"Use it wisely, it's a one use relic."

●●●●●●●●●●

The both of you somehow managed to get down the burrow. It took more digging and less white walkers to worry about. Then you both reached the open cave below the entire graveyard of dead vikings. You were in awe when you sae the place. There was a bit of light coming from the hole above the large cavern. The dripping of water from the stalagmites almost sounded like rain and the smell of the salty ocean was nearby and smoke, which was weird because you swore that you were both far from the sea and there was no way a fire could've started underground unless there was someome in there.