Chapter 20: Let the Games Begin

You poked a small squishy creature on the table with your pencil. It wobbled and jiggled like gelatin, but it made purring sounds like a cat. It scared you that it might be deadly when it grows into full size. This thing was only a baby.

You mumbled a prayer in Dutch as poked it once again for reaction. You looked at it closely.

An eye poped out. Your eyes widened at it as another one popped out. The purring sound became more like a cat's. Your mouth gaped open in amazement until a mouth popped up with canine-like teeth. You quickly closed your mouth, frightened and still amazed, and backed up against the velvet seat quickly.

"B-Bondevik!" You yelled.

The Norwegian came out from the bathroom to see you sticking against the wall as the creature sniffing you. He bit the inside of his cheek and shook his head at you.

He walked towards you and pushed you down back to your seat. The small squishy creature sniffed your hand and crawled up.

"Let it sniff you."

"Yeah, but- hey!" Lukas left your side. "Don't leave me alone with... whatever this is!"

"Stay calm, and don't do anything stupid."

"Everything I do consults to stupidity!" Your voive shook as the creature crawled around your neck.

The creature sent chills down your spine. It went into your sweater and crawled around your back. You had an urge to slam your back against the seat to kill it, but that would be a crime to kill this... thing.

*******

Lukas left you alone and walked out of the trailer. The cold air around him made him wonder about the next things he can try to teach you.

Try.

He sighed at the memory of the first lesson last Monday.

He tried to teach you how to create potions, but you didn't catch up that much. He knew you took videos to study, but you didn't catch up that much. It was like chemistry, but with weirder names and more complex procedures. Tuesday, he tried to teach you some spells that might work even if you couldn't do magic. Some did work, but the rest wasn't working. At least you had some knowledge.

He hoped that today would be different this time.

"OH MY GOD, BONDEVIK!" He jinxed it.

He sighed hopelessly and went back into the trailer.

By the time he got in, he was greeted with a slimy (Y/n). The creature grew larger every second it ate a sugar cube.

"I-It won't stop growing." Your shaky voice made the creature nuzzle it's slimy face on you.

He massaged his temples for a moment and then snapped his fingers. The creature went back to its normal size, but it was still rubbing it's face against yours. You were at the verge of tears from fright, but you felt a bit fuzzy in the inside. The little guy wasn't that bad at all.

"N-No more sugar for you..." You shivered a bit before petting it.

The small creature nuzzled against your hand making you smile. It made Lukas smile a bit. There was still some hope in you after all.

You looked at Lukas who was still smiling. Your eyes widened and heat rose to your cheeks. It was a genuine smile. No mischief like his smirks or the few smiles he gave you back then. It was a simple smile with some adoration in it. It was weird, but you felt honored. You never thought that he could look at you with something like that. The idiot was practically a robot with a programed system on how and when to react, but he actually smiled with something else than your idiocy.