Chapter 29: We're Getting There

By the time you woke up, you felt an arm wrapped around you. His sweater hung a bit and revealed his chest. You were both in bed. A comforter kept the both of you warm and light illuminated from the sides of the ceiling. The ceiling was made out of glass and it amaze you that it withstood the harsh winters it experienced.

You looked up to find his eyes closed. His breaths were steady and slow. You smiled sleepily and moved closer to him. Lukas looked peaceful when he slept, as if there was nothing going on in his life. No problems, no trolls, nothing. If life was just that easy, you wouldn't take that life. Why? Because you always find yourself in the midst of adventure, and you were sure as hell that Lukas wouldn't keeo away from it too. Or would he?

Suddenly you heard howls. Not from the wid, but wolf howls. It weirded you out. There shouldn't be wolves up too far from where you came. The only animal you've seen so far were reindeers. You were about to get up to check the wolves below from the window, but you were suddenly pulled back into bed. You were confused. You looked at Lukas who was signing you to keep your voice low.

"What's going on?" You whispered.

"Werewolves, don't show yourself unless you want the door to breakdown." He warned and pulled the comforters over the both of you.

The small cavern was dark and found his eyes glowing. You were taken back by surprise, but you guessed it was a magic thing. He snapped his fingers as a tiny ball of light illuminated the little world between you and him. It was too close to call comfort if you didn't know him. His nose bumping yours. His arm around you while his free one kept you close to his chest. Your palms were flat against him. He played with your hair as the howling continued.

Your warm breath blew against his chest calmly, but you were nervous. Thoughts ran around your mind. Truth to be told, you were a bit flustered. It's time for some real talk. You have never been this close to a man for a moment like this. Well yes, you've tackled many down and end up in positions that are straight out of a cliché movie scene but never like this where you both are sharing silence. Not even this occured to your cousins or to Matthias, and you and Matthias were together for a year. You and Lukas became official under two weeks in a journey to the supernatural.

Lukas suddenly placed his chin on top of your head and then kissed your hair. You couldn't tell what was making your nervous. The little intimate gestures or the fact that there were werewolves right at your door trying to murder whoever is inside.

Suddenly the room felt a bit darker. Lukas stopped for a moment and then removed the comforter on top of your bodies. The warm lights were off except for the emergency light above the head board. The howling outside increased and barks. The place shook slightly and the glass vibrated.

"Come on, there's something I want to show you." Lukas whispered as the howls grew distant.

You nodded and got up. You stretched your arms and sighed in relief. Out of a sudden, you heard Lukas wincing. You looked behind you and saw stains on the back of his sweater growing.

"Wait a second." He stood up without another word and went out of the room.

You scrunched your eyebrows and hopped off the bed. Your feet met the rugged floors of the room and found yourself staring into the outside. The room had a balcony with scratched windows.

"A scary and luxurious place to live in, nice." You commented to yourself and looked at the bed.

You were about to react to how you both shared it until you saw it. You saw red stains on the pure white sheets where he laid. At that moment you ran out of the room and looked for the bathroom, which was easier than expected.