Chapter Nine

As soon as I said that, my Alphas rushed me to the car and back home. The second the car parked, I was out and running to the front door. Trying to hurry and unlock the door, I drop the keys.

"Here, love." Louis says, picking the keys up. "I'll unlock it."

I sigh, pressing the heels of my hands into my eyes to calm myself down. "It's going to be alright, my darling." Liam tells me softly, rubbing my arm. Louis makes quick work of opening the door and I run inside, shouting Ashton's name.

"In here!" I hear Ashton yell back, sounding to be coming from the living room, and I run there, spotting Ashton and Luke curled up on the couch watching a movie.

"Hey, Haz." Ashton and Luke look up, smiling at me, but that changes when they see the expression on my face, which has to be fear. "What's wrong?"

"What did they do to you?" Luke growls, standing up and walking over to stand between me and my Alphas.

"Excuse you?" Zayn growls, all of them glaring at Luke who's glaring right back.

Even Niall, who's been the calmest, growls out. "We wouldn't dare hurt our mate, thank you very much."

"Yeah well-"

I sigh, cutting Luke off. "They haven't done anything wrong, Luke. In fact they've been extremely nice to me."

Luke turns and looks at me for a minute, as if making sure I'm telling the truth, before sighing as well and turning back to my Alphas. "Sorry guys." He rubs the back of his neck nervously, moving from in between us to stand by my side. Ashton joins a second later, wrapping his arms around Luke's waist.

"So what's wrong, Haz?" Ashton asks. Zayn grabs my arm and gently pulls me to him, burying his face in my neck. My other Alphas huddle around us, but not blocking me from seeing Ashton and Luke.

I look Ashton straight in the eyes. "Nick."

Ashton's body freezes up, causing his Alpha to worry. Luke runs his fingers through his mate's hair, looking at me for answers. "Who's Nick?"

"It's a long story that I'll explain to you, or Ashton will, later." I say, turning and digging in Liam's pocket for the note, and hand it to Ashton. He quickly reads it, glancing up at me afterwards, looking scared.

Louis speaks up, "Look Harry told us the story about him and we think it's best, if Harry's okay with it, for him to stay with us until we catch Nick." My Alphas share a look quickly, before Louis sighs and continues. "And we would also like to offer for you and Luke to stay with us as well."

"What?" Luke, Ashton, and I say in unison, jaws dropped.

"Harry told us that Nick knows if nothing else, Ashton lives here and that Ashton lied to him. We really don't want to leave Harry here, but I know he won't come unless he knows you're protected too. And neither you or Luke would want you to come without him. Plus you guys are his best friends, even if we don't get along yet, we want you guys safe." Niall explains.

"And," Liam begins. "We know, Luke, that you can take care of Ashton if you guys stay here, just like I know we can take care of Harry, but honestly I think I'd feel better with all of us together so there's one more person to help protect Harry, and if you'll allow us to, four more people to help protect Ashton."

Luke ponders the thought for a minute, looking at Ashton who's looking right back at him. Without looking away he says, "If you guys are sure, it would be great."

"Great." Zayn says, my Alphas all nodding. They turn to me, raising their eyebrows.

"What?"

"Are you okay with it, love?" Liam asks.