Chapter Eighteen

The four newly found mates look at us funny when we walk in the house with a crying boy attached to my hip.

"He was in an alley," Louis explains. "Is it okay if he stays here too?"

"Sure, why not?" Calum shrugs, before the four of them all turn back to one another.

The six of us begin walking to the room we're staying in, Troye making sure to keep us a bit back from my Alphas. Niall opens the door for us, the four of them stepping back as we enter the room and walk to the bed to sit.

"Should we go back to the living room for a bit?" Zayn asks, them standing in the doorway.

I hesitate, looking at Troye carefully, before sighing. "If you guys don't mind. Just for a bit."

"'Course, love." Louis smiles at me before stepping away from the door and heading back to the living room, the other three following him after giving me smiles of their own, Liam pulling the door shut. I turn to Troye, who seems to relax now that my Alphas are gone. He peeks up at me and mumbles, "C-can we lay down?"

"Sure," I reply, moving back so I'm lying on the right side of the bed, my head on a pillow. Troye slides up beside me, immediately attaching himself to my side. I reach up and run my fingers through his soft locks, careful not to hurt him. "Hey, Troye, we really should go in the bathroom so I can clean all your cuts and stuff."

Troye immediately starts whimpering, shaking his head repeatedly. "Don't take me in there, please." He begs, clutching at my shirt.

"Alright, alright, we won't," I say softly, trying to calm him down.

"Thank you," He whispers. "For everything."

"It's no problem hun. Are you hungry? Or thirsty? I can make you something," I tell him.

"C-could I have some water?" He asks nervously, biting his lip. I nod, going to move off the bed, but he grips my wrist, eyes fearful again.

"Where are you going?"

"To get you some water," I say, slightly confused, my eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"A-are your mates going to get mad?" He asks, voice hushed.

"No, why would they get mad?" I ask him gently.

"Alphas don't-," Troye shakes his head, cutting himself off. "I'll walk with you."

"Alright," I smile at him, helping him off the bed, and together we walk down the hall, back to the living room, his hand still holding mine. When we step into view, my Alphas turn to look at us, Michael, Calum, Luke, and Ashton nowhere in sight. Zayn's eyes zero in on Troye holding my hand, and Troye lets out a whimper, his grip tightening on my hand.

"We're getting a glass of water," I speak up.

My Alphas nod, each of them giving Troye a small smile. He just presses closer to me. I pull him through the living room towards the kitchen when Louis speaks up behind us. "Need any help getting the glass or anything?"

I scoff, turning my head to face him, saying "Please, I'm taller than you." And walk into the kitchen with a smirk on my face, hearing Louis whine a drawn out 'hey!' behind me. When I glance at Troye, he's looking at me like he's seen a ghost; eyes wide, jaw dropped, face paler than normal.

"What's wrong, hun?" I ask concerned, rubbing my thumb in circles on the back of his hand.

"Y-you just got sassy with him and he didn't hit you or yell or anything," Troye says, glancing at the door as if Louis was going to burst through it.

I freeze. "Hit me? Why would he hit me?" Then a horrible thought comes to mind. "Troye, d-does your mate hit you?"

Troye shakes his head. "I don't have a mate. But my mum's mate hits her, and me too if I didn't behave like a proper omega."

Gasps echo from the living room, before the four of my mates walk through the kitchen door, making sure to keep their distance. "Troye.. no alphas, mate or not, should hit anybody. Especially mates." Liam says softly, staring at Troye, who flinched when they walked in. Troye glances up into his eyes for a second, before he quickly looks back at the ground, mumbling 'sorry'.

"For what?" Niall asks quietly, taking a hesitant step forward. Troye tenses, but doesn't move back.

After a couple seconds of silence, Zayn speaks. "You don't have to apologize to us for anything, okay? You haven't done anything wrong. Like Liam said, alphas shouldn't hit anyone. Your mum's mate is an arsehole. We won't hurt Harry and we won't hurt you either."

It's silent again, this time for longer. Then Troye slowly looks up, fear written across his face. After a minute of none of my mates trying to hit him, his body slowly starts relaxing.

"You're safe here, alright?" Louis tells him. Troye nods and a small smile appears on his face.

"Now," I say, turning to him. "How about that water?"

Sorry it's short. Quick question: later on in the story, which one of the boys should Harry do it with first? I was thinking Louis, but that's probably just bc I'm Larry trash lmao
Twitter/Instagram: toplinson_haz
Tumblr: larrylashtonmalum