Chapter 4: Judy Hustles Nick

Nick's POV:
I was pushing a baby stroller and Sarah was following me when the meter maid from yesterday drove up to me and smiled. "Hi! Hello? It's me again!" I saw her and smirked. "Hey, it's Officer Toot-Toot." Sarah giggled. "Ha-ha-ho!" She fake laughed. "No, actually, it's Officer Hopps, and I'm here to ask you some questions about a case." "What happened, meter maid? Did someone steal a traffic cone? It wasn't me." I mocked her and me and Sarah continued walking. But Officer Hopps pulled up her traffic cart in front of us. I frowned. "Carrots, you're gonna wake the baby. I've gotta get to work." Officer Hopps gets out of her cart taking out a note pad. "This is important, sir. I think your ten dollars' worth of pawpsicles can wait." I scoffed, raising my eyebrows. "I make two hundred bucks a day, Fluff. Three hundred sixty-five days a year, since I was twelve. And time is money, so hop along." "Please, just look at the picture," Officer Hopps said taking out a picture of an otter holding a pawpsicle. "You sold Mr. Otterton a pawpsicle, right? Do you know him?" I rolled my eyes and smirked. "Lady, I know everybody. I also know that somewhere there's a toy store missing it's stuffed animals, so why don't you get back to your box?" Officer Hopps' ears drooped but then she grew serious. "Fine. Then we'll have to do this the hard way." She placed a parking boot on one of the wheels of the stroller locking it into place. "Did you just boot my stroller?" "Nicholas Wilde, you are under arrest." I smiled in amusement. 'Ha!This bunny's got nothing on me. She can't arrest me if she has no evidence to back her up. And besides who would take care of Sarah?' "For what? Hurting of feelings?" Officer Hopps smirked. "Felony tax evasion and using a sweet little girl for you're cons." My smile slowly dropped, but Sarah looked confused. "What's dat mean?" I looked at Sarah. "Nothing good for me kid, nothing good for me." Officer Hopps nodded in agreement and continued. "Yeah... Two hundred dollars a day...three hundred sixty five days a year...since you were twelve. That's two decades, so times twenty... Which is one million, four hundred sixty thousand-I think, I mean I am just a dumb bunny-but we are good at multiplying. Anyway, according to your tax forms, you reported, let me see here, zero. Unfortunately, lying on a federal offense." Let's just say, now I was scared. "Five years jail time."
Officer Hopps said smirking at me. I crossed my arms. "Well, it's my word against yours." Officer Hopps whipped out a carrot-shaped pen and clicked on a button, and out came a recording of my voice: "I make two hundred bucks a day, Fluff. Three hundred sixty-five days a year, since I was twelve." I stood there frozen in place. 'Great... Now she has evidence!' Officer Hopps smirked at me. "Actually, it's your word against yours. And if you want this pen, you're going to help me find this poor missing otter or the only place you'll be selling pawpsicles is the prison cafeteria. It's called a hustle, sweetheart." Laughter was coming from the baby stroller and it was pushed open to reveal Finnick, who was laughing hysterically. "She hustled you. She hustled you good. You're a cop now, Nick; you're gonna need one of these!" Finnick said slapping his ZPD sticker badge on me. "Have fun working with the fuzz!" Finnick jumped off of his stroller and walked away still laughing. Sarah giggled. Officer Hopps turned to me. "Start talking." I sighed, annoyed. "I don't know where he is. I only saw where he went." Officer Hopps smiled at me, hopped into the cart and patted the passenger seat. "Great, let's go." I smirked. "It's not exactly a place for a cute little bunny..." I looked at Sarah. "Or three year olds." Sarah pouted. 'Don't fall for it Nick! Don't fall for that cute little face! Oh, who am I kidding?!' I sighed and nodded reluctantly. "Ok, fine you can tag along kid, but you have to promise you'll wait outside for us. This place isn't exactly appropriate for little kids. Ok?" Sarah smiled and nodded. "Otay!" Officer Hopps nodded. "Great, that's settled! Now let's go! Oh, and by the way, don't call me cute!" I shrugged smirking. "Ok. You're the boss." Me and Sarah climbed into the cart. Sarah had to sit on my lap because there was only room for two. Then Officer Hopps started the cart and we were off.