Chapter 7: Back To Tundratown

Judy, Sarah and Nick drove into Tundratown. Nick wrapped Sarah in her baby blanket to keep her warm. "Ya warm enough, kid?" Sarah nodded her head. "Mmhm." Nick smiled warmly and ruffled her hair. "Good." When they reached Tundratown Limo Service, Judy hopped out of the cart and Nick turned to Sarah who was still wrapped up in her baby blanket. "Ok kid you stay here, we won't be long." Sarah nodded, laid down on the seat of the traffic cart and fell asleep. Judy and Nick walked over to the gate and Judy noticed a lock on the gate and sighed. "Closed. Great." Nick smirked. "And I'll bet you don't have a warrant to get in. Hmm? Darn it. It's a bummer." Judy glared at Nick. "You wasted the day on purpose." "Madam, I have a fake badge. I would never impede your pretend investigation." Nick said mockingly. Judy scoffed. "It is not a pretend investigation!" Judy took out the picture of Mr. Otterton. "Look! See! See him? This otter is missing!" "Well, then they should've gotten a real cop to find him." Nick said. Judy glared at him. "What is your problem? Does seeing me fail somehow make you feel better about your own sad, miserable life?" Nick pretended to ponder that thought for a moment before smiling. "It does. One hundred percent. Now... since your sans warrant, I guess we're done?" Judy sighed in defeat and took out the carrot pen. "Fine. We are done. Here's your pen." Nick smiled and reaches for the pen but Judy throws the pen over the fence. "Hey!" Nick said, looking at her with a puzzled expression on his face, and then he looked annoyed. "First off, you throw like a bunny, and second, you are a very sore loser." Nick then started climbing the fence. "See you later, Officer Fluff. So sad this is over. Wish I could've helped more-" Nick jumped to the other side of the fence and then reached for the carrot pen, but Judy had already made it to the other side before Nick. Judy smirked, waving the pen in victory. "The thing is, you don't need a warrant if you have probable cause. And I'm pretty sure I saw a shifty lowlife climbing the fence, so you're helping plenty. Come on." Nick looked at her with a very annoyed expression on his face, but also showed a tiny bit of respect for her trick. When they got to the parking lot, Judy wiped off the snow from the back of the bumper so she could see the plate number. "29THD03. This is it." The limousine was actually very cold on the inside like a giant refrigerator. Judy took out an evidence bag and tweezers. She and Nick looked around the limo for clues. Judy noticed a strand of white fur lying on the floor, she picked it up with the tweezers. "Polar bear fur." "OH MY GOD!" Nick shouted. Judy turned to Nick, wondering what he was so excited about. "What? What!" Nick had opened the glove compartment and took out a collection of jazz CDs. "The Velvety Pipes of Jerry Vole! But on CD? Who still uses CD's?" Judy rolled her eyes and went to look for real clues. Nick opened the back partition, and his eyebrows immediately shot up. "Carrots, if your otter was here...he had a very bad day." Nick and Judy stared at the backseat in horror. The back seat had been shredded to ribbons, and there were violent claw marks scratched across the seat. "You ever seen anything like this?" Judy asked Nick, who shook his head, with a concerned expression on his face. "No." Judy noticed a wallet on the floor, picked it up and opened it to find a driver's license belonging to Emmitt Otterton and a few business cards. "This is him! Emmitt Otterton. He was definitely here. What do you think happened?" Nick shrugged. Then his eyes wandered over to some cocktail glasses at the bar in the limo. Etched on the glasses was the letter B. Nick grew suspicious. "Wait a minute. Polar bear fur... Rat pack music...fancy cups..." He turned to Judy, with a scared expression on his face. "I know whose car this is. We gotta go." "Why? Whose car is it?" Nick frantically rushed around the limo, putting everything back the way they found it. "The most dangerous crime boss in Tundratown. They call him Mr. Big, and he does not like me, so we've gotta go!" Judy shook her head. "I'm not leaving. This is a crime scene." Nick grabs Judy and rushes to the door. "Well it's gonna be an even bigger crime scene if Mr. Big finds me, so we are leaving right now!" Nick opened the limo door and saw two big polar bears snarling at him. One of them was cradling Sarah who was still asleep in his arms. "Raymond! And is that Kevin? Long time no see! And speaking of no see, how about you give the kid back to us and you forget you ever saw me? For old times' sake?" Kevin grabbed Nick and Judy by their necks. "That's a no." They were yanked out of the limo and shoved into another car. Nick and Judy were sandwiched between Kevin who was looking at pictures on his phone and Raymond was still cradling a sleeping Sarah in his arms. "What did you do to make Mr. Big so mad at you?" Nick looked embarrassed. "I, uh, may or may not have sold him a very expensive wool rug... that was made from the fur of a...skunk's butt." Judy looks at Nick, disgusted. "Sweet cheese and crackers." Later, the car pulled through a guarded security gate that led to the home of Mr. Big. Nick had one thing on his mind. 'I hope Sarah will be ok.' He looked at Sarah with a concerned expression on his face.