Chapter 8: Meet Mr. Big

Judy and Nick were led inside the house, Sarah who was now awake and still in Raymond's arms was fiddling with Raymond's tie. Raymond chuckled warmly and shook his head. They were then led into a lavish office, when a large polar bear entered the room. "Is that Mr. Big?" Judy asked Nick, who shook his head. "No." Suddenly, an even bigger polar bear lumbered into the room. "What about him? Is that him?" Judy whispered. "No." Nick said, getting frustrated. Then an even bigger polar bear walked into the room. "Ok, that's gotta be him." Said Judy. Nick rolled his eyes. "Stop talking, stop talking, stop talking-" The giant polar bear placed his hands on the desk and opened them to reveal a little Arctic shrew wearing a tux and sitting in a little fancy leather chair. Nick started talking to him. "Mr. Big, sir, this is a simple misunder-" All of a sudden, Sarah points at Mr. Big and squeals. "Mousy!" Nick froze and Mr. Big looked up at Sarah who was still in Raymond's arms. "Who is this child?" Raymond spoke up. "We found her sleeping in a traffic cart, boss." Sarah sneezed. "Achoo." Mr. Big looked at Sarah, thinking. "Hmmm... Raymond, take the girl to the kitchen and get her some hot chocolate." Raymond nodded and left the room with Sarah in his arms. Mr. Big turned to look at Nick and held out his tiny finger and Nick kissed the ring on it. "This is a simple misunderstanding." Nick said. Mr. Big held up his hand stopping Nick from continuing. "You come here unannounced...on the day my daughter is to be married?" Mr. Big said in his tiny raspy voice. Nick chuckled nervously. "Well, actually, we were brought here against our will, so.... Point is, I did not know it was your car, and I certainly did not know about your daughter's wedding." "I trusted you, Nicky. I welcomed you into my home. We broke bread together. Gram-mama made you her cannoli." Mr. Big scratched his chin, looking at Nick with cold eyes. "And how did you repay my generosity? With a rug... made from the butt of a skunk. A skunk-butt rug. You disrespected me. You disrespected my gram-mama, who I buried in that skunk-butt rug. I told you never to show your face here again, but here you are, snooping around with this..." Mr. Big said gesturing to Judy. "What are you, a performer? What's with the costume?" "Sir, I am a co-" Judy was about to answer when Nick talked over her. "Mime! She is a mime. This mime cannot speak. You can't speak if you're a mime." Judy rolled her eyes. "No. I am a cop." Nick face-palmed and Mr. Big looked agitated, Judy continued. "And I'm on the Emmitt Otterton case. My evidence puts him in your car, so intimidate me all you want; I'm going to find out what you did to that otter if it's the last thing I do." Mr. Big scratched his chin, considering what Judy had said to him and grunted. "Then I have only one request: say hello to Gram-mama. Ice' em!" Mr. Big shouted to Kevin. Nick started to panic. "Whoa! I didn't see nothing! I'm not saying nothing!" "And you never will." Mr. Big said coolly. Kevin picked up Judy and Nick, getting ready to throw them into an icy pit of water. Nick started to beg. "Please! No, no, no! If you're mad at me about the rug, I've got more rugs!" Kevin held Judy and Nick over the pit, about to throw them in when Mr. Big's daughter, Fru Fru, who was wearing a wedding dress enters the room. "Oh, Daddy, it's time for our dance." Then she noticed Judy and Nick and sighed, annoyed. "What did we say? No icing anyone at my wedding." "I have to, baby. Daddy has to. Ice' em." Nick and Judy screamed in fear. "Wait. WAIT! I know her. She's the bunny who saved my life yesterday. From that giant donut." "This bunny?" Mr. Big asked, pointing at Judy. Fru Fru nodded. "Yes!" She then turned to Judy. "Hi." Fru Fru said sweetly. Judy waved back. "Hi. I love your dress." "Aw, thank you." Mr. Big motioned to Kevin. "Put em' down." Kevin grunted and put Judy and Nick down. Mr Big turned to Judy. "You have done me a great service. I will help you find the otter. I will take your kindness...and pay it forward." Nick stood there, in shock...but was also happy not to be thrown into a freezing pit of ice.