Chapter 5: The Mystic Spring Oasis

Nick's POV:
We arrived at The Mystic Spring Oasis. I turned to Sarah. "Ok, kid you stay out here and be good." Sarah nodded. "Otay!" I smiled warmly and ruffled her hair. "See ya soon kid, we won't be long." I led Carrots inside the building and the smell of incense wafted through the air and sitting in the meditation room is the yak named Yax, flies buzzed around his body as he chanted. "Oooooooohmm-mmm. Oooooooohmm-mmm." Carrots approached Yax and cleared her throat. "Ahem. Hello! My name is-" Yax interrupted her. "Oh, you know, I'm gonna hit the pause button right there. We are all good on Bunny Scout Cookies." Said Yax who wasn't really all there. "I am Officer Hopps, ZPD. I am looking for a missing mammal, Emmitt Otterton, who frequented this establishment." Carrots said, showing him the picture. Yax looked picture and his eyes widened, it looked like he was about to say something very important. "AH-CHOO!" He sneezed in Carrots' face. The flies scattered before hovering around Yax again. "Yep, Ol' Emmitt. Haven't seen him in a couple weeks. But hey, you should talk to his yoga instructor. I'd be happy to take you back." Yax pointed to a set of doors that led toward a different area of the club. "Thank you so much. That would be a big-" Yax stepped out from behind the counter and Carrots' was shocked. "Ohhh! You are naked!" "Huh? Oh, for sure, we're a naturalist club." I smirked at Carrots' expression on her face and bent down to her level. "Yeah, in Zootopia anyone can be anything... And these guys, they be naked." "Nanga's on the other side of the pleasure pool," Yax opened the doors and walked outside. "Right this way, folks." When me and Carrots got outside, let's just say the expression on her face was priceless. There were naked animals everywhere lounging around. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head. I smirked. "Does this make you feel uncomfortable? Because there is no shame in calling it quits. We could end our deal right now." Carrots glared at me. "Yes, there is." She said with a determined expression on her face. "Boy, that's the spirit." I said jokingly. Yax spoke up as we walked through the courtyard. "Yeah, some mammals say the naturalist life is weird. But you know what I say is weird? Clothes on animals!" We reached a group of animals doing a yoga class. "Here we go. As you can see, Nanga's an elephant, so she'll totally remember everything. Hey, Nanga, these dudes have some questions about Emmitt the otter." "Who?" Nanga asked. I smirked. 'Ha! So much for an elephant never forgets.' "Emmitt Otterton. Been coming to your yoga class for like six years." "I have no memory of this beaver." Carrots corrected her. "Yeah, he's an otter, actually." She said, looking at me in dismay. "He was here a couple Wednesdays ago. 'Member?" Yax prompted. Nanga shook her head. "Nope." But Yax continued. "Yeah. He was wearing a green cable-knit sweater-vest and a new pair of corduroy slacks. Oh, and a paisley tie, sweet Windsor knot, real tight. Remember that, Nanga?" But Carrots had already finished writing down all the information Yax had unknowingly given her. "No." Nanga said. "Uh, ah, you didn't happen to catch the license plate number did you?" Carrots asked. Yax nodded. "Oh, for sure. It was 29THD03." Carrots quickly finished writing the last bit of info. "-03. Wow, this is a lot of great info. Thank you." Yax smiled at Judy. "Told ya Nanga had a mind like a steel trap. I wish I had a memory like an elephant." Me and Carrots left the club and met with Sarah outside who was fiddling with her baby blanket. 'I wonder what's so special about that blanket?' I  shrugged and turned to Carrots with a smug smile on my face. "Well, I had a ball. You are welcome for the clue. And seeing as how any moron can run a plate, I'll take that pen and Sarah and I will bid you adieu?" Sarah looked at me confused. "What's adoo mean?" "I'll explain later, kid." Sarah nodded. "Otay." Carrots was about to hand me the pen, but then she held the pen out of my reach. "The plate... I can't run the plate... I'm not in the system yet." She smirked at me and put the pen back in her pocket. I got annoyed. "Gimme the pen, please." "What was it you said? 'Any moron can run a plate'? Gosh...if only there were a moron around who was up to the task..." She said, looking at me. I sighed. "Rabbit, I did what you asked; you can't keep me on the hook forever." "No, not forever. I have...thirty-six hours left to solve this case. Can you run the plate or not?" I stared at Carrots and then I grinned slyly. "I just remembered. I have a pal at the DMV." I turned to Sarah. "You ready to go, kid?" Sarah nodded. I smiled and gently took her by the hand. "Alright, then let's go." We all hopped into the traffic cart and drove off to the DMV.