Chapter 10: Mr. Manchas Goes Savage! Part 2

Nick, Sarah and Judy are running for their lives while Mr. Manchas is chasing them. "What is wrong with him?!" Nick shouted. "I don't know!" Judy said. The three of them run across a slippery suspension bridge with Manchas not far behind. Nick, Sarah and Judy stopped running. "We're not gonna make it!" "Jump!" Judy shouted. Nick held Sarah close and jumped off the bridge and they landed on a low branch. Judy, Sarah and Nick ducked inside a hollow log, trying to hide, but Mr. Manchas continued stalking them. Judy frantically picked up the police radio. "Officer Hopps to dispatch! Clawhauser, can you hear me?" Mr. Manchas swiped his paw at Judy, Nick and Sarah. "Clawhauser! We have a 10-91! Jaguar gone savage! Vine and Tu-junga!" Nick rolled his eyes. "It's Tu-HUN-ga!" Nick shouted, annoyed. Manchas took another swipe at Judy once again, but this time ripping the radio out of her hands. Judy, Sarah and Nick quickly scrambled out of the log and continued running. Clawhauser's voice can still be heard on the radio. "Sending back up! Hopps? HOPPS?!" Clawhauser shouted, worriedly. While they were running, Judy spotted a gondola station. "There! Head to the sky trams!" The three of them ran toward the gondolas when Sarah dropped her baby blanket. "My blankie!" Meanwhile back at the gondolas, Judy and Nick were about to get into them when Nick noticed something. "Wait... Where's Sarah?!" Judy looked up and her eyes widened in horror. "Nick, look!" Nick looked up and he looked on in horror. Sarah was running over to her baby blanket, unaware that Manchas was stalking her. "Sarah! No!!!!" Sarah picked up her baby blanket and looked up to see Mr. Manchas right in front of her. "Mr. Kitty?" Manchas looked ready to pounce when all of a sudden an orange blur knocked over Mr. Manchas. "You stay away from her!" Nick shouted. Manchas snarled at Nick with a hungry look in his eyes. Nick's eyes widened and he backed up as Manchas got back on his feet and started stalking toward Nick who chuckled nervously. "He, he, hey buddy, from one predator to another, if me tackling you made you angry in any way, I meant no disrespe-" Nick screamed in fear as Manchas charged toward him at full speed. Just as Manchas was about to go in for the kill, there was a clank noise. Manchas was immediately yanked back by a handcuff latched onto his back paw. Judy quickly cuffed him to a post! Nick was speechless-she saved his life. Nick then turned to Manchas. "I can tell you're tense, so I'm just gonna give you a little personal space." Manchas fiercely struggled against the cuff, knocking Nick and Judy over the edge of the walkway in the process. Judy quickly grabbed onto a vine with one arm and held Nick with the other. While they dangled over canopy, Nick was looking at the bottomless abyss below them. Judy's mind was racing as she tried to think of a plan. "Rabbit, whatever you do, do not let go!" "I'm gonna let go!" Judy said. "What?! No...you what? You must have misunderstood me. I said don't-" Judy started to count. "One, two." Then she started swinging the vine high in the air sending them flying into the air. "RABBIT!" Nick shouted. They landed in a net of vines. Nick looked at Judy shocked. "Carrots, you saved my life!" "Well, that's what we do here at the ZPD-" All of a sudden the vines snapped and they plummeted toward the ground, but luckily the vines had gotten tangled around their legs and immediately stopped them just before they hit the ground. Meanwhile, with Sarah she was clutching her baby blanket close to her and walking over to Mr. Manchas, who was still struggling with the cuff on his back paw. When she got closer, Sarah reached out her hand and started to scratch Manchas behind the ear. Manchas suddenly stopped struggling and started to purr, and nuzzled Sarah and licked her face. Sarah giggled and squealed. "Kitty!" Sarah wrapped her arms around Mancha's neck and kissed him on the cheek. Manchas continued to purr, but all of a sudden he started snarling again. Mr. Manchas stood protectively in front of Sarah, but out of nowhere a net wrapped itself around Manchas trapping him in the process. Sarah's eyes widened in fear, she turned around to see two wolves in leather jackets. One of them walked over to Sarah, who screamed in fear, and picked her up and buckled her into the backseat of the car. She clutched her baby blanket tightly and cried into it. Manchas who was thrown into the back of the van started to nuzzle Sarah comforting her. Both of them were wondering what would happen to them. The last thing Sarah heard before they drove off was Nick calling for her. "Kid! Where are you?! SARAH?!"