Chapter 15: Chaos In Zootopia

After the press conference, a wedge had been driven between prey and predator. Pop star Gazelle had organized a peace rally, but it was marred by protest. "Go back to the forest, predator!" A pig yelled at a Cheetah, who looked offended. "I'm from the Savannah!" Judy stood between the protesters, trying to stop them from fighting but failed. Gazelle spoke to a news reporter at her rally. "Zootopia is a unique place, it's a crazy, beautiful diverse city where we celebrate our differences. This is not the Zootopia I know. The Zootopia I know is better than this. We don't just blindly assign blame. We don't know why these attacks keep happening, but it is irresponsible to label all predators as savages. We cannot let fear divide us. Please, give me back the Zootopia I love." Judy was exhausted by all the fighting-and she couldn't help but feel partly responsible. Sarah was being babysat by her next door neighbors, who she found to be very funny and loud. Judy took the subway to work. There she had watched a mother bunny pull her child close to her as a tiger sat next to them. Judy got off the train and walked into the hospital. Judy and Mrs. Otterton watched as Emmitt Otterton, who was attached to a leash calmly walked around in a circle. "That's not my Emmitt." Judy sighed, with a worried expression on her face. But she knew that there was nothing she could do. Inside the ZPD lobby the news was on, Judy was sitting at her desk when Chief Bogo walked over to her. "Come on, Hopps. The new mayor wants to see us." Judy was confused. "The mayor? Why?" Chief Bogo smiled. "It would seem you've arrived." Judy followed Bogo, when she saw Clawhauser packing his things. "Clawhauser? What are you doing?" Clawhauser sighed sadly. "Um... They thought it would be better if a predator such as myself wasn't the first face that you see when you walk into the ZPD." Judy gasped. "What?" "They're gonna move me to records. It's downstairs. It's by the boiler." Judy looked sad as Clawhauser walked away. Chief Bogo called for Judy. "Hopps." In Bellwether's office, Judy was handed a pamphlet with her on the front that read "ZPD, Put Your Trust in Us." Judy looked confused. "I don't understand." Bellwether smiled warmly. "Our city is 90% prey, Judy, and right now, they're just really scared. You're a hero to them. They trust you. And so that's why Chief Bogo and I want you to be the public face of the ZPD." Judy was sad. 'I don't deserve this.' "I'm not... I'm not a hero. I came here to make the world a better place, but I think I broke it." Bogo smiled warmly. "Don't give yourself so much credit, Hopps. The world has always been broken, that's why we need good cops. Like you." Judy sighed. "With all due respect, sir, a good cop is supposed to serve and protect, help the city, not tear it apart. I don't deserve this badge." Judy took off her badge and placed it on the desk, to the surprise of Chief Bogo and Mayor Bellwether. "Hopps." "Judy, you've worked so hard to get here. It's what you wanted since you were a kid. You can't quit." "Thank you for the opportunity." Judy walked out of the office and shut the door behind her. That day Judy and Sarah packed their things and left for Bunnyburrow.