Stories & Queezy Stomachs

"This is just like the stories I used to get told before bed." Dallon marveled as he leaned against the railing running along the main platform. "It's so much smaller on the outside."

"Don't hear that wording much." The Doctor laughed as he began giving the tardis coordinates. "Same year, just on... Mars? Oooh, that's right! Mars colonies started just about a thousand years back? Maybe two, I haven't really thought about mars in awhile..."

Dallon nodded. "Yep. My family's been there for a few generations."

"You're a martian?" Frank asked, looking at Dallon with wide eyes. "Dude, that's rad!"

Dallon beamed with pride at Frank's remark. "Thanks. It is really cool, since they finished the protective atmospheres."

"So... Do you live in domes, like the Simpson's movie?" Frank asked.

"The what movie?"

"Frankie, that was a very long time ago compared to where we are now." The Doctor called out from the control panel. He walked over to where the two humans were standing with a a peculiar look on his face. "Mars... I feel like I've met trouble there before." The Doctor muttered to himself.

Dallon looked at him. "You really are a time traveler." He asked, lowly, looking the Doctor up and down. "You're really the same doctor... And this is the same ship..." Dallon looked around the room in wonder.

Both Frank and the Doctor looked at Dallon with a hint of confusion. "The same doctor from your stories?" Frank asked as Dallon brought his eyes back to the time lord.

"Do you remember November of 2059?" Dallon asked, looking the time lord straight in the eye.

The Doctor's face seemed to drain of color as he looked back at Dallon. He didn't say anything, but his expression replied for him.

"Bowie base one." Dallon whispered, looking down. "When it was still there..."

"The captain blew it up..." The Doctor muttered, looking down.

Frank watched the alien curiously. He had never seen such a drop in the Doctor's bouncy character. There was no hint of a smile, or witty remark, anywhere in his stone faced expression.

"Before what happened back on Earth, yes..." Dallon nodded, looking back up at the Doctor. "That was before Bowie base two."

The Doctor's head snapped up at that. "Bowie base two?" He questioned, "No... No, no, that doesn't exist."

Dallon nodded. "A few years after the explosion, they began to rebuild on the same basics, but different coordinates... Doctor, you were there!"

"When!?" The Doctor questioned. He looked at Dallon with a mixture of so many emotions, it was hard to tell them apart. "Do you realize what I did by just meddling with the first bowie base? I destroyed the timeline with my arrogance!" He exclaimed, "I ruined everything by meddling there, where I should've left it alone! Why would I help with a second recreation of that?.." He looked down again as he finished.

Frank looked between the Doctor and Dallon. "Guys, I'm lost, please?" He spoke in a near silent voice, feeling nervous with the tension that had slipped into the tardis.

The Doctor turned to Frank, but looked down again. Dallon looked like he completely regretted speaking up in the first place, but stepped forward.

"The first kind of trial mission to see if mars was habitable." Dallon said, softly. "It was a research base with a bio dome to grow plants and mine up mars' natural resources. It was meant to be a five year engagement, but it only lasted seventeen months..." Dallon trailed off, leaning back against the main platform's railing.