Technology Without Time Lord Supervision

The Doctor felt naked without his layers of clothing. He shifted his hips to look at the white fabric now covering his hips and lower body. It didn't look bad, it just simply left his upper half more exposed than he would prefer.

"Does this perhaps come in a longer size?" He asked as he walked along side the two guards that had taken him out of Jamia's room, "I understand the customs of the time period may not allow it, but it can't hurt to ask, right?"

The guards said nothing as they continued to walk down the extravagant hall. The Doctor sighed, just continuing along side the guards. At least he wasn't too uncomfortable in this. It was better than nothing, after all.

"The pharaoh will see you now." The guard to the left of the Doctor spoke, pointing to a set of tall decorative doors.

The Doctor nodded, stepping towards the door. It wasn't like this was his first time meeting a ruler. Hadn't he even been hitched to one before? The details of the Queen's hatred for him were always a bit strange and fuzzy in reasoning whenever the time lord attempted to make sense of it.

The doors began to open, seemingly by themselves, revealing a large throne room. The Doctor looked around the area curiously before muttering to himself, "That's rather peculiar, isn't it?.."

He took a step into the room, jumping when the doors moved impossibly fast to close behind him.

"Rather peculiar indeed, Doctor..." A jet black haired figure sneered as he stepped into the room, playing with a round pendant hanging from his neck. "What are you doing here?"

---

"He is your Doctor." Jamia spoke from where she sat on her bed, legs crossed as she flattened her dress skirt. She looked up at Frank as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

"How can you be so sure?" Frank asked from where he was leaning against the tardis, "You don't even know him."

"I know what you have told me, Frank Iero." She replied, "Your relationship with him is your biggest concern, is it not?"

"I-well-I guess, I mean..."

"Frank Iero, have you considered your Doctor's side of the story?" Jamia asked, pushing herself up off the bed and to her feet. "You said he has had past companions. Have you ever considered what happened to them?"

Frank looked down. "He never talks about it..."

Jamia shook her head, "Have you bothered to ask?"

Frank looked back up at the princess before him. He couldn't directly think of a time he had asked about that part of the Doctor. He asked about things he observed of the time lord, but never that, for some reason? Such a simple thing, yet Frank seemed to have over looked it...

"Have you told him about yourself?" She added, walking past Frank to look out a large window not too far away. "If you do not share between each other, you'll never have the relationship of the stars and darkness."

"You sure do love the stars." Frank spoke lowly as he took in her words. Why did this feel like marriage counseling?

Why did he compare it to marriage counseling?

"I love the sky..." Jamia replied, absently, reaching up to hold the scarab necklace resting on her chest. "The night especially..." She seemed to be somewhere else entirely in her mind as she spoke. Her gaze was focused on the stars above her.

Frank stepped towards her. He tilted his head at her but, before he could speak, the door to Jamia's room opened. Jamia spun, suddenly, her hand dropping from the necklace pendant and the absent look in her eye vanishing.