Conversations And Confusion?

The Doctor and Frank followed Dan and Phil through more crowds of people, still, until they were out of the arena. The taller two of the group lead the way.

"So, Frank, you're american?" Phil asked.

"Yea, Jersey boy." Frank grinned.

"Like the Jersey shore show?"

"Dear lord, no."

"Way to go, Phil, you've just insulted the first people we've really interacted with that haven't tried to mug us." Dan groaned, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry!"

Frank laughed, "It's fine, dude."

The group wandered on, soon finding themselves at a small restaurant. Somehow, compared to every place they had passed on the way here, there was no line out the door. This lead to the group quickly getting seated at a nice location near the window.

"Food here takes awhile to get to you, but it's so worth it. I needed a moment after just one bite, honestly." Dan rambled as he passed the menus around the table, "Of only it wasn't a half a day's flight 'round the world."

Frank leaned against the Doctor as he looked over his menu. It seemed to be a mixture of local cuisine, as well as, some dishes that Frank recognized. A burger sounded really good right now... Or, maybe something more fitting to the region they were in... Now, his stomach was going nuts over all the options in front of him.

"I'm feeling adventurous, I think I'll try something to really get into the culture around these Olympic games." Phil declared, raising his hand just to bring it down with the slow closing of his fist.

Dan rolled his eyes as the Doctor peaked over his menu at Phil. "What do you recommend?"

Phil reached across the table and pointed to a spot on the menu for the Doctor. "The feijã tropeiro," as he said it, he spoke with a slight shift in his accent in order to pronounce it correctly, "is what I got last time and it's like someone put eggs and bacon in beans!"

"Oh! That's neato, I think I'll try it." The Doctor grinned, looking at the photo of the dish he had been recommended. "Can't go wrong with bacon. Everyone loves that stuff, don't they?"

"A lot of them do..." Frank replied with a nod. He was still looking over all of his options. His eyes finally landed on a photo of a dish with what looked like empanadas, but went by a different name.

"I just want those cheese bread things again, sweet baby Jesus." Dan spoke lowly before leaning back in his seat.

"You can have them." Phil muttered, waving his arm in the air for a server to come over.

A petit woman with red hair hurried over with a smile. She whipped a pen and notepad from the apron around her waist just before she got to the table. "Hiya! I'm Hayley and I'll be your server today. What can I getchya?"

Frank squinted at the girl. She looked familiar to him. She definitely didn't sound like she was from around here. She was looking around the table, but stopped when her eyes landed on Frank. She squinted back at him before her eyes widened.

"Frank! What the hell are you doing here!?" She laughed, "Band buddy!"

"Hayley!" Frank exclaimed, grinning at her as he remembered the high school class periods where they hung out talked music. "What the hell are you doing here!?"

She grinned. "My internship brought me down here. Working to be a chief, but the Olympics brought a lot of job opportunities and guess who got chosen to be shipped down!" She laughed, tapping her pen against her notepad. "Where have you been? Haven't heard word from you in months."