Ghosts Of The Past & Spirits Of The Future

"I'm sorry, Bowie base who?" The Doctor asked, peaking his head out of the ship to look around the area the Tardis had landed in.

"Bowie base two, sir..." Breezy replied, retracting her salute in a slight confusion at the Doctor's behavior. "Captain, Sir-"

"Call me Doctor." The time lord smiled, extending his hand. Breezy took it, still a bit confused, and shook.

"Doctor, sir, may I ask the identity of those aboard your ship?" She asked, looking back at the two humans.

The Doctor nodded. "Ah, yes! I have my-my crew, Frank Iero and passenger Dallon Weekes." He spoke while gesturing to them.

Breezy was about to open her mouth again, when another figure came running into the room, holding a proper weapon.

"Breezy! Get back from there!" He ordered, holding up his weapon. To Frank, it almost looked like a toy gun with the way it illuminated blue as the man pointed it at them. The Doctor threw his hands back up in the air while Breezy shook her head.

"No! Sir, they have papers!" Breezy defended them, "It's simply a captain, his crew, and passenger."

"Step back, private." The man said in a more authoritative tone, "You're carrying precious cargo now. I'll check on their credentials." He lowered his weapon, slightly, moving Breezy behind him.

"They're all in order sir." The Doctor replied, holding out his psychic paper to the man. "I go by Doctor is the only real difference."

"Are you an actual doctor?" The man asked as he examined the paper with a nod. He gestured for those on the tardis to step out of the ship. As they did so, he looked back at Breezy. "We could use one on board, even if just temporarily."

Breezy crossed her arms over her chest with an irritated expression at the man. "I'm not incapable."

"You are pregnant." The man snapped, "You're going to need help eventually."

"Oh, congratulations!" The Doctor clapped, "That's neato! A boy or a girl?"

Breezy sighed, rubbing her stomach. "Don't know yet..." She muttered.

"Congratulations all the same." Dallon spoke up, softly, earning a soft look from Breezy. She smiled for an instant before her face became shock.

"Oh! Your nose!" She exclaimed, pointing at Dallon. He reached up, feeling a trickling trail of blood running from his nose. Breezy reached out her hand. "Let me clean you up in the infirmary."

"It must of been from earli-wha-okay?" Dallon couldn't complete any of his thoughts before Breezy had taken his hand and began to lead him away.

"Have fun, you two." The Doctor smirked as they disappeared around the hall.

"Not too much." The man with the weapon muttered, sliding the gun into a holster. He turned back to the Doctor and Frank, looking between them. "I should introduce myself. I am captain Lenard Jones. You just met Private Douglas, and the ship medic, Matvey Kerenski, is somewhere on board." He extended his hand to the Doctor to shake.

The Doctor took his hand, graciously shaking the captain's hand. "Only three people on board? That seems rather small for an entire base."

Captain Jones sighed, retracting his hand from the shake. "Low risk management after what happened to our mother base. We take on extra jobs, though." He said, with a stern look. "They also chose crew that had close connection with survivors."

The Doctor's smile seemed to faulter for just an instance, but he hid it in the same sliver of time. "Kerenski, I remember him, The nurse on board! His son followed in his footsteps? That's neato." He looked at the captain curiously, "Jones. I don't remember a Jones..."