Not Quite What They Seem?..

Frank was awoken by an electric shock that seemed to pulse through him. He sat up instantly, feeling every hair on his body standing on end. His heart raced as he looked around, trying to gather his surroundings.

The Doctor was blinking rapidly next to him, seeming to have gone through a similar wake up call. "That's always exhilarating." He panted, turning to Frank and grinning to see that he was awake too. "Ain't it a doozy, Frankie? Feel my hearts go!" He grabbed Frank's hands and held them both against his chest, still breathing heavily.

Frank couldn't even speak from the sudden action; he was transfixed by the heartbeats he felt under both hands. The Doctor always mentioned having two hearts, but it was a whole other thing to feel them beating in a sped sync.

"Two hearts..." Frank awed, tilting his head as he stared at his hands that were pressed to the Doctor's chest.

The Doctor laughed, causing his chest to rise and fall quickly for a moment. "I always mention them, Frankie. I may look human but, remember, alien." He grinned.

Frank let out a laugh, looking up to the Doctor's face. They locked eyes for a moment, and Frank could of sworn he felt the Doctor's hearts skip a beat.

"Ral!" The small creature that had attached itself to Frank at the lab seemed to latch to his side. Frank looked down to see it nuzzling against him.

"Oh, you guys are up!"

Josh laughed as the Doctor released Frank's hands and they both turned to him. Josh's pink hair, which his Skitty was playfully pawing at, was standing straight up as he grinned at the two. Tyler was still asleep on the ground, but Josh's shinx was creeping up on him.

"Shinx doesn't sleep much, sorry..." Josh apologized sheepishly as he tried to stroke his hair down. He waved his arm at it as it crept closer to Tyler, "Don't wake him u-oh too late." Josh bit his lip as the dark haired boy was zapped with a small dose of electricity from the small blue creature jumping onto his stomach.

"Psy!" He cried out as he shot up. The Shinx jumped off his lap as his Psyduck wandered over. Tyler reached out and pulled it close, hiding his face.

Josh looked at him worriedly. "Tyler? Are you okay?"

Tyler peeked up at the sound of Josh's voice. "I had a nightmare..." He whispered, looking down at his Psyduck. "I've had Psy since I found his egg. The Unknown showed me..." As he spoke, the four letters flew out of the trees and began circling Tyler's head. His expression moved from nervous fear to a zoned out relaxation.

"Tyler?" Josh's eyebrows furrowed as he looked between the Unknown and the dark haired boy, "Ty?"

Tyler just hummed as he rested his head on his Psyduck. Josh frowned, waving his hand in front of Tyler's face.

"Hear you, Josh..." Tyler spoke absently with slow blinks.

Josh didn't look very happy, but he nodded. He turned to see his Shinx creeping towards Michael, who was sleeping curled up in the arms of his Ampharos while he held onto his Cubone. His other pokémon were either laying next to/on top of Ampharos, or leaning against Michael.

"Shinx." Josh warned, causing the blue creature to turn around with an innocent grin. Josh's Skitty jumped from his shoulder to chase Shinx, causing to to cry out before sprinting off.

"Are those electric types just your alarm clocks?" Frank asked as he scooped the Ralts up in his arms. The Doctor smiled as he reached out to play with the small creature, who seemed to enjoy swatting at his fingers.

"They're just energetic and don't like when their partner isn't up having fun." Josh replied as he began to gather his pokémon all together, "Kind of like toddlers or puppies... Probably puppies because they're nicer."