13) No Advice For You

"Riley, we must give Huey and Jazmine a proper burial." Caesar advised as they were helping out the people who were in the cave out to the outside world.

Riley sighed, "Will my brother be able to enter the Afterlife? He wasn't able to become yet before he...well you know."

Caesar looked at Riley with sorrowful eyes. "I do not know...this is all new to me your majesty."

Your majesty....that was new.

Cynthia arises from the cave. The light of the sun bounced off her golden hair marvelously., causing her to appear as if she was glowing.

Then they both locked eyes

Now I really can't be with her. He thought.

Riley felt weak at his knees at the sight of her blue eyes meeting his. He was going to say something but she turned away and walked with Nala with interlocked arms.

Riley let out a deep sigh as he saw her walk away, catching Caesar's attention.

"It's for the best Riley." He responds, trying to make him feel better.

Riley just shook his head and sighed. "She is best for me."

Continuing to pull more people out the cave.

"Just a few steps more." Anubis assured, walking through the dense fog.

Huey followed closely behind, trying not to lose sight of him

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Huey followed closely behind, trying not to lose sight of him. Though he was slightly distracted, he genuinely tried to block out the sudden increasing sounds of wails, cries, and whimpers as they inched closer to the Lake of Souls

"Help me." Someone hissed in his ear.  Their voices seemed as if they could hardly speak a word. Their words were harsh and raspy.

"Help us...mortal."

"Help.."

"Son...."

"Yes...yes!"

"Son...son!"

"Sidka...yes! Sidka!"

"Son of Sidka!"

Though Huey didn't flinch, he kept walking with his signature smug.  "Why are there souls out here? I thought they were supposed to be resting in the lake?" Huey asked.  Anubis turned his head slightly behind him to make quick eye contact as he spoke, "These are the damned. They are trapped in this fog for eternity."

"What did they do to deserve such punishment?"

"Some are simply just lost...lost in their past minds." Anubis answered.

Huey continued to hear hisses in his ear, but he eventually tuned it all out.

As they inched through the foggy woods Huey spotted the lake.

Jazmine....

Then he took a deep breath.

They have reached the Lake of Souls. Anubis looked to Huey and gave him a pat on his back. "I shall wait for you. Remember be swift. You are still mortal." Huey looked down to the white sleeping souls that lingered in the water. Gently flowing with the river current. Huey's eyes searched frantically. How was he going to find Jazmine with all these other souls in the way? "How will I ever find her in the endless sea of souls?" Huey asked, speaking his mind.

Anubis held out his hand and closed his eyes. Suddenly a gold light shot out from deep within the lake. As if it was a beacon on light.

"there she is." Anubis pointed. Huey nodded, he was about to jump in, but was interrupted by a worried Jackal headed friend. "Are you sure prince? This will put your own soul in jeopardy. Then no one wins. Jazmine will be dead and Egypt will again fall into ruin because there will be no rightful King on telegram throne." Anubis mentioned, attempting to change his mind.

Huey shook his head as he gazed out into the lake. "No. This woman practically gave her life because she believed in me. I can't let her down again."

Anubis nodded. "You will undoubtedly make a great King. This has never been done before."

"There is always a first for all." Huey sighed taking another breath.

"Yes. Well, remember be swift. You will feel your life being drained away if you stay in the lake long enough."

Huey nodded. "I'll see you on the other side my friend." Without another word he dove into the groggily Lake of Souls.

Huey and Jazmine were laying side by side on a concrete platform. Riley stood above them overlooking them. "This was not supposed to happen." he whispered. Still trying to deny that his only brother was actually dead.

Cynthia walked up behind him silently.

"Prince..." She sighed.

He turned to her swiftly. "Yes? What's wrong?"

"...it's time." She said sadly.

Then guards came in the room with white cloth in the palms of their hands. Riley looked a little irritated as he saw them beginning to wrap his brother.

"What about Jazmine?" Riley asked

"My Prince, according to law, only royals are allowed to be mummified." The brown guard assured.

"I know my brother would rather not be wrapped if Jazmine were not." Riley said. "Don't you agree?" Riley asked Cynthia who still had tears in her eyes. Trying to start conversation.

"Yes...I-I have to go." She cried, swiftly turning away. Though Riley anxiously grabbed her and swung her into his chest. Cynthia was surprised at his actions and tried to move away, but eventually melted in his arms. Then she began to bawl uncontrollably.

The guards just gently excused themselves from the room. Leaving Huey unwrapped. Riley gently caressed her while she sluggishly fell limp into him. "It...it is just not fair Riley. It's not fair." She cried into his bare chest.

"I know...I know I never wanted to be King. That was always Huey's destiny...not I. I never wanted this. Now I truly cannot be with...with the woman I love." He whispered the end, causing Cynthia to raise her head to meet his eyes. She sniffled as she didn't keep her eyes off him. "Riley?"

"Yes?"

Then Cynthia leaned into his lips, tasting his sadness and heat. Riley grabbed her waist and traveled his arms all around her back and arms. Attempting to get closer to her skin. Then Cynthia sloppily pulled herself off him. Riley sighed as he pressed his forehead on hers, closed his eyes and held her hands. "What are we doing?" Cynthia sighed quietly.

"I can't do this...not if I can't be with you." Riley said holding her shoulders.

"Riley...no. You must. Egypt. Our home. Is counting on you. You must." Cynthia cried, trying to break off his hold. "Cindy." He pleaded.

"No- Did you just call me Cindy?" She asked, surprised

"...is that bad?"

She shook her head. "I have to go." She said, leaving the room.

Riley felt his breath go along with her. He turned to Huey again. "I wish you were to give me some advice."

Pharaoh (A Boondocks Story) ON HOLDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें