17) Partay Hartay

The day after the King's coronation, was spectacular. Caesar had planned a grand feast in honor of his highness great day. A day that shall forever be remembered in history. All his friends awaited for Huey to awaken from his slumber to surprise him in his chambers.

"This is...creepy. Is it not?" Nala whispered to Caesar  who was standing with his hands behind his back. "I've known Huey for years and if there is one thing I know about his majesty is that he finds everything unsettling."

"Should we dismiss the feast then? "Nala whispered in panic.

"No. The feast must go on thus it is a tradition." Caesar reminded. Realizing Caesar was right she nodded her head in agreement.

  " Should we wake him?" Cynthia whispered to Riley.

"Unless you want to be accidentally beaten to unrecognition." He replied making Cynthia widen her eyes.

"A no it is then." Cynthia concluded, stepping away.

"Then whom?"Nala asked, taking a step back as well.

"I'll do it then." Jazmine insisted, kneeling before the grand bed.

Caesar groaned in anticipation.

"Wait." Nala whispered. Though it was too late to stop her anyway, she was close to the Pharaoh's face. He looked so peaceful as he slept. His large eyelids closed to perfection, as his lips laid perfectly still. It was as if he were dead, I believe no one else could tell the difference. Jazmine gulped as she put her hand to his cheek and whispered, "You highness? It's me. Jazmine."

He flinched at her voice, startling her a bit.

"Jazmine, I warn you-" Riley began, but Huey slowly peeled his eyes open to see her soft skin and smile and immediately his face grew gentle.

"Jazmine? What are you doing here?"

"We have a surprise for you my King..." She answered, taking her small hand off his face. Huey groaned as he sat up shirtless. His eyes were still hazy, but he could pick out his brother and his friends standing around his bed.

"What is the meaning of this?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Good morning my King!" Nala shouted a little too loud, earning a glare from his highness. "Sorry." She grinned nervously. Huey sighed as he scratched the back of his head. "Also, I already told you all not to call me by formalities when it is just us present. You are my friends, however when we are around company I think it is best they they believe that I am respected. At least in their eyes. Deal?" Everyone happily agreed except Riley who scoffed.

"Respected...Huey, they adore you. Respect should be the least of your troubles."

Huey nodded in silent agreement. His brother was right, respect wasn't something he should be concerned with, thus it was something else on his mind.

He sat up and trod out of bed, but the moment he did, three servants rushed towards him and placed scandals made of leather sole on his feet.

"Good Morning,  your highness" they said setting a silk robe on his back.

Huey was caught off guard and uncomfortable with the way the women were bearing on him, doing unnecessary things like checking for lice in his hair and massaging his arms as they stretched them out.

Jazmine held her hand over her mouth to smother out the giggles, but she halt as she realized that Huey's uneasy face expression.

"Your highness, your highness, we must bathe you, " they said, pulling his arm to acquire him to walk.