2) Fate

Atka sat on his throne in the main hall of the palace. His pale hands grabbed the white headdress that was once worn by Setka The Great, and laced it upon his oily head.
"Ah...Setka...Setka. I have been in your shadow for too long..." Atka sighed, patting the side of the grand chair.
"Your excellency, we could not find the young princes and the servants that aided in their escape." A palace guard confessed, as he bowed.
Atka stood from his throne with great anger.
"Find them! I cannot risk Prince Huey's return!" He asserted.
"Yes sir!" The guard cried as he hurried out the room.
"And call the scribe! I have some new laws to enforce." Atka added and he patiently waited in the empty hall on his throne as he laughed sinisterly.

Eight years later.....

"Move! Faster!" The soldier cackled as he whipped a slave on his back
"Agh!" The old man cried as he fell helplessly onto the floor.
"Get up! Get up you old man!"
The weak man attempted to get up, but his fragile bones made his efforts futile.
As the soldier grew impatient, he raised his whip once more.
"Please..."  The man begged raising his hand to shield his face.
Though moments had passed and the old man did not experience any pain.
He peeked between his fingers to see the soldier defeated in the floor.
The old man looked up to see an afro-headed boy. 
Huey held the bloody whip in his hands and pointed at the guard.
"Stop abusing old men and fight someone your own size, you coward." He stated throwing the whip to the side.
"You will regret your words." The soldier growled standing.
Huey offers his large hand to the fragile man who was spread about the floor.
"Thank you..." The man muffled reaching for him.
Huey aided him slowly to his feet.
"Can you stand?" Huey asked sympathetically.
The old man nodded.
Huey let him go and focused his attention to the soldier.
"Come and fight with honor. Unless you are afraid to be beaten." Huey growled clenching his fists.
"Alright slave...be prepared to draw your last breath."
The large guard made his way toward the prince who swiftly evaded his charge by simply stepping to the side.
Embarrassed, the guard charged again only for him to miss his target...again.

"Come now...don't tell me Pharaoh has lost his edge on his soldiers? You are weakly trained." Huey scowled awaiting his next attack.
The soldier growled as he drew his sword from his belt.
The old man widened his eyes.
"Good sir...leave him be. He is not a reason to fight for..." The old man whispered in Huey's ear.
Huey simply whispered back majestically,
"I will fight. Not for pride, but for my people."
The soldier twirled his sword in his hand while the Prince calmly shut his eyes and focused his energies to his center.
Huey drew in deep breaths as he heard the soldier run to him.
His eyes shoot open only to see that the guard was moving slowly.
Confused, Huey turned his head to the old man who stood with his hands covering his eyes.
.....Almost as if he was frozen.
Again, Huey looked at the soldier who was charging at him slowly. Even the leaves behind him were slowly swaying and time seemed to be still.
Huey snapped out his confusion and quickly ran to the guard and removed his sword, moving swiftly behind him.
Suddenly time sped again leaving the soldier delusional.
"What?? Where did he-" the guard murmured as he looked frantically for the prince.
Suddenly, there was a tap on his shoulder behind him.
His eyes bulged at what he saw.
"Y-You! How did you-" The soldier cried eyeing Huey with his sword in his hand.
Huey gritted his teeth as he aimed his sword at him and said thunderously, "Go! Before I end your life here and now."

Shivering, the guard ran away toward the palace. Leaving only a trail of dust behind him.
As the footsteps of the guard disappeared, Huey stared down at the sword in his hands in disbelief.
"My goodness...did you do that?" The old man asked walking over to Huey cautiously.
"Uhm, what do you speak of?"
"You know what I speak of...What is your name my boy?" The old man asked laying a hand on his shoulder.
"Kai." Huey responded quickly
The old man glared into him, which made the prince uneasy.
"Why must you lie my Pharaoh?" The old man asked.
Huey's eyes widened
"You've mistaken me for another." Huey insisted, walking away.
"Only the magic of the Pharaoh can do something that powerful...such as slowing down time."
Huey turned to the old man
"How do you know such things?" Huey asked intrigued
"First my Pharaoh, tell me....what name do you bare?"
"I am Huey." He responded with pride.
The old man smiled greatly.
"Follow me your majesty."

*********************************

"Cynthia. Have you seen the prince?" Jazmine asked walking to her best friend.
"It depends upon which prince you speak of." Cynthia answered.
"Prince Huey..." She whispered, making sure no one heard her.
Cynthia shook her head, which made the young teen girl worried.
Jazmine had just spent her18th year a couple days ago.
Ever since then, she has not spotted the Prince.

"Congratulations on your 18th year Jazmine." Huey spoke, as he approached the girl.
Jazmine blushed slightly.
"Thank you my Prince, I can't help but be surprised you remembered."
"Jazmine. Please I am no Prince at the time being. There is no need to call me by formalities. Also, I have not forgotten your birthday for the past 8 years. Why must you be surprised?"
Jazmine shook her head.
"You still don't understand your majesty. For you are still noble to me." She smiled.
Huey just shook his head
"Well, do as you wish. I'm heading home." Huey said walking away.
"Please tell Prince Riley and Caesar I said good evening!" Jazmine gleeful added as the prince walked away.

Jazmine missed the princes living with her. Though when she started developing, Neith believed it would be best to find their own hut. Sara and her husband Thomas also agreed.

"Cynthia please inform me if you spot him."
Cynthia shrugged her shoulders, "he may be at another rally. There is one today quarter to sunset."

Huey has been fighting with rebellious slaves against temple guards. Demanding the Pharaoh to step down from the throne. Huey always stayed silent, for he was afraid that if he caused too much attention to himself, his identity will be discovered. Though, he felt that he needed to be by his people, that's why he always attended.

Jazmine sighed.

She didn't enjoy seeing the prince in those rallies, many slaves die every time one is organized outside the palace.
"Ever since Pharaoh ceased power, Egypt has been nothing but a land of violence." Jazmine growled.
Cynthia widened her eyes.
"Mind your tongue! If a guard hears you then we both will be put to death by the wrath of Pharaoh!"

Atka had made new laws that prohibited freedom of speech and turned peasants into tormented slaves.
While Setka still ruled, the working class were still peasants, however they were compensated with food and sometimes even coin. However under Atka, No support was given. Egypt had fallen into an era of famine and violence. The great kingdom will not survive without its rightful Pharaoh sitting on the throne to restore balance.

Jazmine huffed as she walked away, heading toward the palace walls.

*****************************

"Prince Riley, it is almost sunset. Do you know where your brother is?" Neith asked serving him a plate of cow meat.
"I am not my brother's keeper. Last time I saw him he was with that Jazmine girl. I believe he has grown fond of her!" Riley chuckled making Caesar laugh as well.
"Oh really? What about that peasant girl you always hang with? Her skin is so pale! How can she stand the sun's rays?" Caesar laughed, making Riley frown.
"Shut your mouth!"
"That is enough." Neith claimed grabbing his old shaw.
"I shall return. Do not leave the hut, guards are swarming at this hour." He ordered as he left.
Caesar looked up at the young prince who still had his fists clenched.
"Ha...so...have you kissed upon her lips yet?" He asked causing Riley to leap to him tackling him down.
*****************************

Prince Huey followed the old man down past the peasant huts and to the city well.
"May I ask where we are going?" Huey asked the old man.
"I am pretty sure you have a lot of questions my Prince and i do intend on helping you answer them. I believe that you are of age of coronation? Am I correct?"
Huey nodded.
"Well, I believe your destiny is approaching and I believe we did not meet on accident."
"Do you speak of fate?"
"Call it what you may. Though i believe I am here to help you."
The man led Huey down a hill away from the main city.
"From the looks of things, it seems as if you are going to take my life and do away with me over here. It is barren, no sight of civilization."
The man laughed.
"Every man has his own sanctuary for which he can escape to. This is mine.."
The old man showed Huey a wooden hatch on the desert floor.
"You expect of me to enter there?"
"Have faith. Trust that I will not kill and leave you here." The man laughed.
Huey just huffed as he entered the hatch below the Earth's surface.