Valentine Morgenster's Return

Somehow with a lot of effort, Leah had managed to drag her body up to the infirmary. As soon as the team of four had returned back from their mission, Leah's heart had dropped: Alexander Gideon Lightwood had been the one injured.

Jace had carried him to the infirmary bed, and since then Isabelle has been sitting next to him, crying, praying and trying to cure him in all ways possible. Clary and Jace had disappeared some time later, and Hodge was not seen anywhere around either, so it was only a tear-stained Izzy and an (annoyed-with-her-migraines) Leah who hugged and comforted her sister.

Isabelle might look dangerous - lethal - but she too had her weaknesses, Leah knew. And love was her weakness - her love for her siblings, which exceeded her love for anything else in the world.

"I want mom and dad to be here right now! What if he dies here, Leah?! What if I am not able to save him? I don't know what to do. It's never been my kind of a work." Isabelle sobbed into Leah's chest.

"Alec will live. He won't die. You can do it, Isabelle." You're my recommendation; you can save him, Leah thought.

"I can't! I have no idea what has happened to him - what is going on inside his body right now! I have no idea what to do! I am just a girl - sometimes a warrior perhaps - but right now I'm only one hopeless little girl. I'm no doctor; I'm no magician. I do not know what the hell to do!!" Isabelle broke down again.

Leah let herself sympathise for Isabelle and fear for Alec. But then, Izzy's last words had stirred something inside her. I'm not doctor; I'm no magician. A magician! What if a magician could cure Alec?

She abruptly pulled away from her sister's embrace and then stood up - which was too abrupt again, so Leah spent a minute finding her balance and trying to stop herself from swaying. "What's happened?" Isabelle looked up.

"I might know someone who can help. Izzy, please try to keep Alec alive till I come back. Do not feed him anything that is cooked by . . . .er, anyone. I'll get some help meanwhile." She said, and without any other explanation, ran out of the Institute.

Leah didn't bother with cabs or public transport; she simply ran on the pavements, zig-zagging around people at an insane speed which left them shell-shocked, staring; climbing on the roofs of cars and buses and jumping from one transport to another to find her way to her destination.

She broke down in the alley right before Magnus's house, though, shivering and vibrating with the infernal migraines piercing her skull. She tried to move ahead, but her brain was confused and her body refused, so ultimately with a terrible shriek, Leah landed onto the asphalt.

When she came to, Leah noticed herself sprawled in a kingly tub of some nice-looking bathroom. She got up feeling groggy, but definitely lighter and fresher than before. The migraine and the constant feeling of illness wasn't there in her body anymore.

"Leah Ravenscar." Her host greeted.

"Magnus Bane." Leah exhaled. "We meet again. Where am I? What happened? How did you find me?"

"I found you collapsing in the middle of the street, and immediately stepped up to help you. I brought you to my house, where you vomited fifty days of food and water, and a little bit of blood. And then I left you in my exotic tub for an exotic bath, for I couldn't see my niece so dirty, could I? And then I went to clean myself up, and returned to see that you are feeling......better than before, I'll assume?"

"Definitely." Leah stretched her body.

"How often do you get this sick, Leah?" Magnus asked worriedly. "I was honestly considering calling up Brother Zachariah and Tessa."