The Famous Page 511

Heard of the famous page from City of Lost Souls? (I'm sure you've done; come on. Don't you be kidding me!)  if not, check out the picture above, and the picture below. That's how popular this page is.

 Anyways, let's get on with the chapter

Things with Leah weren't exactly very normal these days. Clary - who had never actually been nice to Leah, carried on her cold attitude. After many days of awkward silence, Simon finally opened up and started treating Leah like a friend.

Isabelle had gradually started acting normal too - following Simon's cheerful example. And Jace was, well, the relatable friend who now swore his unending support to Leah and was always ready to give her his defences or moral support. Leah was pretty glad of his small efforts.

The only person who hadn't yet adjusted to the fact that Leah was demonic, seemed to be Alec. He looked very much like he wanted to be friendly with Leah again, but just the mere thought of her true colours stopped him from actually doing so.

To him, the Leah he had always loved and adored and seeked supported from, was gone. She had changed to another Leah who was more like Sebastian.

Things did get normal between them, starting from when Alec returned back to the Institute once - the day after Magnus had broken up with him - and saw Leah standing morosely in the hallway.

Her face conveyed unveiled sympathetic sorrow, and just like that - even before Leah said a word - Alec knew that she knew what had happened. He quietly went up to her and wrapped her up in a warm, familiar embrace, and for a moment just being the casual big brother to Leah felt so good, Alec almost forgot all his worries.

Without meaning to, he started sobbing on Leah's shoulder. "Alec. Alec! Oh my god, no, Alec!" Leah pulled his face away from her shoulder and placed his head worriedly before her eyes.

"Magnus......don't know....he just.....Camille.......bribed me.......didn't realise......I feel so stupid.......he couldn't......Camille......tricked me........she's dead.......called it off......I don't know...." Alec spoke, and Leah patted his shoulder sympathetically.

They stayed that way for some time, locked in an embrace, rocking silently with each other, and then Alec spoke "Do you think he has been wanting to do it since a long time?"

"I don't know."

"Leah, tell me honestly, am I really that bad? I.....I felt so confident when we went for our vacation, when he kissed me in front of everyone in the Accords Hall. And now...."

"Well, what did you think, being a guy who wears worn sweaters for his dates, falls down the stairs after his first kiss, spills wine and knocks down chandeliers and says he's dating no one while being so very obvious to everybody? I mean, I think that's a terrible record, and you ask if you are that bad." Leah joked, and Alec too laughed for a second.