Theories About Leah Ravenscar

A lot of things had happened in the past few days; and the most significant one was that Clary had gone to live with Jace and Sebastian in their other dimensional house (as a spy, of course).

Without heed to Leah's warning, Clary had also used the faerie rings as her means of telepathic communication with Simon.

Since the past days, the three had gone through many different cities and countries, had various adventures, fought mundanes and Downworlders and overall been involved in quite some illegal activities. Clary now seemed a little off her focus from her original mission of spying over Sebastian's works and then rescuing Jace.

Sebastian had been friendly and kind to her in his own way; and Clary found herself having fun with both the boys. It was the kind of relationship that she and Jace had never been privileged enough to have - either because they misunderstood themselves as siblings or because of Lilith's attempts in drifting Jace away from Clary.

She almost forgot about the world she had left behind when she had decided to come in this dimension. Clary only conversed occasionally with Simon, and sometimes thought of Leah Ravenscar.

Yes, Leah was indeed a very mysterious case. If she did not reside with Sebastian or even come to meet him at all, then where was she and what was she doing?

"Is Leah also encouraging Sebastian's plans?" Clary asked Jace one day, when the two of them were sitting together and Sebastian was locked up in the attic doing things which he didn't wish to share with either of them.

"I don't know. It's clear, though, that Sebastian really wants her support in his plans." Jace replied.

"Do you know where she is right now? Does Sebastian know?"

"To Sebastian, it doesn't probably matter where Leah is. For him there are other things to be planned and thought of. Why did you ask, though? Didn't you pretty much hate Leah? Or did things take a slight turn when I wasn't there in New York?"

"Well, she's never particularly been very nice to me." Clary made a face. "But, I've noticed something odd about Sebastian and Lilith's behaviour towards Leah."

Jace encouraged her to continue. "Lilith, she called her Leah Carstairs, even though Leah is a Ravenscar. And then she threw some potion or something on Leah and she began to have those fits. I've seen her have them before." Clary said, remembering the time when she had been new to the Institute and she had come across Leah having her demonic epilepsy.

"She's always had this genetic sensitivity to a particular demon: Oskino." Jace replied. "Leah told us about her disease and how it affected her, but we were forbidden to tell about it to anyone else. Izzy and I were never really around to see Leah have her fits; mostly it was just Alec. Which was why he knew what to do once Lilith had thrown Oskino blood on Leah."

Clary took in the information. "I also noticed Lilith called herself Leah's mother - she might've meant it indirectly, though." Clary remembered Lilith's words: Nobody could ever defeat you - my two beautiful children. Oh, you may not directly be my child, but.....we demons are all related. "And then she also said Leah was demonic. She said 'we demons are all related', and the reference seemed to go to Leah."

Jace's face was stricken in thought and concentration. "Clary. When I was fighting Sebastian, he was about to kill me. And then -"

"I know. Leah came and fought Sebastian instead, killed him and then iratzed you back to your health." Clary completed.

"Yeah, but I saw them fight." Jace said quietly. "I have known since a child that Leah was a little different from other Shadowhunters. She has strength, agility, speed, power and grace unlike any other shadowhunter. I always suspected she might be an angel afterall - an angel's child sent to earth, like the old shadowhunter myths claimed.