Year 3: I Don't Want To

The last day of Second grade wasn't the slightest bit of fun for Castiel. Half days made him quite sad, because he liked his teachers, and he wouldn't get to spend the entire summer with Dean. Not like he is able to at school. Matching backpacks, matching shoes, heck, even sometimes matching shirts. It was never planned, but he loved the fact that he and his best friend had so much in common. They were inseparable. That is, until Castiel had to get up to use the restroom, or when their teacher sent him to take the attendance to the office when the computers were down. Then, was the time that the shy boy had a bit of space. Those twins would never touch him when Dean was there, but Castiel was their main target. The boy soon learned that they did everything that they did to get back at Lucifer for things that he had done. They can't mess with him, but they can mess with l his little brother. Tall, strong fifth graders against one, scrawny second grader. What part of that is fair? Cas never fought back. He never wanted to get in trouble like his older brother, so he has been dealing with these idiots for two years, and no one knows about it. It hardly got physical, but when it did, he'd just pass it off as an accident on the playground.

But now, Cas really had to pee.

He slowly raised his hand, blowing out a puff of air as he glanced at Dean. His green eyes were glued on the movie they were watching. He smiled as the next musical number began. Dean really seemed to get into it, but Castiel didn't really care for films. The books were almost always better. You always got a clearer picture in your mind, and Cas definitely did in his. "Yes, Castiel."

"May I use the restroom?" Castiel squeaked.

"Of course. Take the pass." Castiel was tired of hearing the phrase. He thought, after a year, he'd know to take the stupid pass, and he was correct, so it kind of irritated him. He was smart... At least he thought he was. He isn't so sure anymore.

Castiel rushed down the hallway, afraid of taking too long. He never had taken longer than five minutes. He hardly ever used the restroom at all, during class. This was, what, his third time using it this year. His heart raced as he shut the door behind him. This time, the anxiety was not just because he was going to be late for class. No, not just that.

The twins were just leaving their classroom.

Crap, crap, carp. Gotta go fast. Castiel thinks, rushing to wash his hands. The bathroom door opens right as he tries to dart out, and he mentally melts. Today, really? I was going to go to the park with Dean and Lucifer."

"Not so fast, Cassie," Benjamin hisses, grabbing the seven-year-old's arm and pinning him against a wall. "It's our last day, here, and then we won't get to mess with your brother without you. I wanna leave a lasting impression for your brother to remember."

"It's Castiel," he spits, bracing himself for the first blow. Okay, but isn't this supposed to happen later in life? Like, sixth or seventh grade? No one ever messes with second graders. At least, no one should. Castiel furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "and Lucifer has done nothing wrong."

Their anger wasn't ever directed towards the small boy, but they knew how close he and his brother were. Lucifer was local law enforcement. Violent if necessary was his slogan, and Castiel admired that about his brother. Lucifer was 12, now, and the strongest he had ever been. He punished the bad, and didn't pay much attention to the good. It's of odd, really. He feels it's his responsibility. Benjamin and Brianna hated him for it, because, well, if school was a modern city, they'd have a death sentence on their hands. "Shut it!" Benjamin backhands Cas's cheek.

Castiel winces, trying to raise his hand to his cheek, but Brianna has it completely pinned to the wall. Castiel shoots them a glare. Yes, that glare. The are you done yet? Annoyed glare. "It was always you."