10 Years of Bittersweet

--a/n--

I have no more ideas for this book, really, that I'd want to write about, so this is summarizing the next ten years of their lives. This book is nearing its end. Probably like three more chapters, give or take. Well, more like five, but it's been a hell of a ride. Thank you for reading my book. Here's how Schizo will end.

Year 25 was one of the best they had ever had. Dean was happy, Cas was happy. It was amazing. Dean had recreated Castiel's eighteenth birthday on his thirty-fifth. They spent the entire day together. A picnic outside of that park, a happy library trip, and, yeah, another couples tattoo. Castiel had chosen something that represented how he fell in love with Dean. It was an arm, wrapped in a bright green cast, holding a gold balloon. From the day that he met Dean, to the day they slow danced with a balloon in between them. It was perfect.

Dean had gotten something that represented much more. His was a brain, partially shaded black, but a hand—Cas's hand— was on the other side. The side that looked healthy. Underneath, it said, I need my meds in such beautiful lettering. Cas almost broke down in tears when he saw it. "I love you," He said

"I love you, too."

Year 26 was a... wet year. I know what you're thinking, you dirty minded asses. No. It literally flooded that year. It rained so hard where they had lived. There was a point where Cas began thinking that they were going to lose the house to flood waters. They lost power at 55one point. Thunder  made Cas jump out of his skin at times. But, mostly, Dean and Cas sat inside playing board games when they weren't working. Castiel found himself making casseroles endlessly in the chill of their house. It was hilarious, in a sense, and also kind of sad.

Year 27... year 27 was one of the darkest for them. That was the year that Castiel attempted suicide again. Very much failed, again, and this time, he almost took Dean down with him. He had lied to his husband. He said he was fine. Castiel was that much of an idiot, and that tore Dean apart. It ruined him. It made him think that Castiel didn't love him enough to stay, but in all honesty, Castiel needed him to stay. It was heart wrenching. Castiel never felt guiltiest.

Year 28 was odd. Dean had made up with Cas. Castiel was the happiest he had been in a long time, but the only thing that changed was that Dean wanted to go out more. They went to several parties, had some hangovers, threw up numerous times, and had an all around great time. It was a time of celebration. It was a time of happiness for both of them. Getting hammered, running from security guards as they ran into things because they were so drunk they tried to break into a concert. Skinny dipping in ponds because they wanted to feel young again. It was perfect.

Year 29 was where it peaked. The happiness peaked. And also the sadness. That was the year they lost Scarlett to bone cancer. She was 16 years old. They knew it was coming. Still, both Dean and Cas were pretty torn up, which is why Castiel decided to surprise Dean and went to the pound. He looked around, sad that all those dogs couldn't go home with him, but he found one in particular that he fell in love with. It was a pit bull, blue coloring exactly like both Dean and Cas liked. His name was Roofus, and they said he was as laid back as could be, so Cas took him home. He found Dean asleep on the couch and smiled. He pointed at the sleeping body, and Roofus ran up to him licking his face. "Cas what the...?" Dean looked at the adorable blue gray figure on the floor and he looked up at Cas. He grinned widely.

"Surprise." Castiel purses his lips.

Year 30 was when Dean became messed up again. Roofus was always with him, and Dean would barely look up without whimpering in fear of what's outside the window. His green eyes dropped with sadness. He could barely think. His Ned's stopped working—or he stopped taking them. Cas couldn't remember. It was all a big blur as Dean tried to claw his way out helplessly. He needed Cas more than ever. That was the year Dean jumped out of their second story window because Bart was chasing after him with a gun. It was insanity, and it was so painful to Castiel to get the call from the hospital saying, "Hello, is this Castiel Winchester? Your husband, Dean had been rushed to the hospital with several broken bones and head trauma. He's demanding to see you." Cas sped to the hospital, got out of his car, and ran as fast as he could to the desk. He didn't even wait a second before darting off to the room that Dean was in.

"Dean."

"Cas?"

"Dean, what happened."

"I wanted to fly away."

Year 31 was terrible for Cas, because he was forced to spend a few months away from Dean so he could go to his cousins wedding in Europe. He planned in staying for a week, but he got caught in a string of bad weather and missed flights and ended up staying for a month. Each day he'd write in a little journal something for Dean. He'd grab something and bring it with him to take home to his husband, and when he hit back, the first thing Dean said was, "Why would you do all this for such a messed up person?"

Castiel's heart shattered.

"Because I love you, Dean."

"I love you too, Cas."

Year 32 was happier. They had finally finished training Roofus. They kept their lives to themselves in their quiet little bungalow. Dean kept a journal ever since Cas came back, and that was the one thing Cas let him keep to himself. It was the only thing Dean had to keep private thoughts in. Cas wished he had read it.

Year 33. Yes, good ol' Cinnamon Roll child Castiel was hit by a car. Not the best thing to happen in that year, but it was memorable. He lost his arm in that wreck, but it was one that was burned all those years ago, so Cas didn't mind. He got along just well without it, and he got plenty of cash to pay off the bills. Plus, Alfie was his doctor. They would sit and talk about how much has changed since their high school years. Cas looked at his stump of a hand and saw a new chapter of his life being born. He was brought in the world of prosthetics, and got a robotic arm. He'd joke around with Dean that he was an android, and Dean loved it. He'd call Cas a cyberman.

Year 34 was when Cas noticed how upset Dean was, but he figured Dean would bounce back like he always did.

Boy was he wrong

--a/n--

ITS SPOOKY DAY MOTHERFUCKERS

THIS IS HALLOWEEN THIS IS HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN

I'm hanging with friens in downtown bastrop tonight aye

Oh I'm making a playlist for this

You'll gat it in the epilogue so you can reread it

Oi

I'm auditioning for America's got talent

I'm nervous

Oh well it's one am nite

I love you my Carcrashovercastyoungbloods

-Emily aka Patrick aka foblvr