Year 12: Colleges, Picnics, and Couples Tattoos

Castiel sat in the desk, staring at colleges that he applied for. None of them had sent him anything, or even attempted to contact him. He was beginning to lose hope. He just wanted to get into a good college, and advance a career in psychology. Scarlett sat next to him, sitting perfectly still. He had only applied to a few of them, knowing that he shot high with applying to Yale. It wasn't the best thing in the world, but he found looking at colleges quite fun. He just didn't know where to look. It was almost as if Castiel needed special assistance just to type words on a computer. He still had half of his senior year ahead of him, but he could never start too early.

They'd be insane not to offer me a place, right?

Yes, little old Castiel, the book worm. He was the perfect student, with the perfect life, perfect grades, and the perfect boyfriend. He simply was perfect. That's what frustrating. No one, and that meant no one, had contacted Castiel. It had been weeks, and he still couldn't get his mind off his education. He needed this. He wanted it so bad, Castiel thought he'd go insane.

Yet, he didn't want to ruin things with Dean.

Dean was doing the exact same things as Castiel, school wise, since the eighth grade. He was trying so hard to get the best grades ever, just like Castiel, because he loved him. Dean loved him more than anything in the world, and he was willing to do anything to keep Castiel happy. His main objective in doing everything like Cas was to get into the same college. Knowing that neither of them could handle long distance, and how Castiel's heart was set on college, they had to get into the same one, or things would get hectic. That's why Castiel is still worried out of his mind, that only one of them will get into the one they want. He couldn't do that. He couldn't leave Dean.

"Cas, come on. Can we please take the study out of study date and just talk?" Dean groaned from across the table. He had his eyes on Cas, one hand petting Scarlett. He shook his head. "Come on, Cassie. Let's go."

"Dean," Castiel paused, glancing back up at Dean. Puppy Dog eyes. That was Dean's specialty. He had known him for ages, and , if anything, he knew how to get Castiel to do what he wanted... for the most part. "You are such a nerd. Fine."

"I'm the nerd here?" Dean raised an eyebrow, tapping the desk as Castiel shut down the Desktop.

Castiel shut his eyes for a moment, sighing. The day was his 18th birthday, and Dean wanted to spend every moment with him. Dean did not, however, enjoy  the library. Castiel had finished all of his school work. So did Dean. Dean wanted to make this day as special as he could. Castiel knew that. It's just the fact that neither of them could really enjoy themselves when they were getting shushed every five seconds. "Where do you suggest we go?"

Dean grinned, flashing his keys. "I know just the place." He grabbed Cas's hand, making sure that he wouldn't peek after he got into Dean's car. Yes, Dean had finally gotten a car. The car, actually. It was exactly what he wanted. A 1967 Chevy Impala, painted black, just the way he wanted it. Sometimes, Castiel swore that Dean loved that Car more than he loved Cas. In truth, the car didn't even come close. Not to his angel. "Hey, Cassie, we are here. You can open your eyes."

The place was around five minutes away, but Castiel had still managed to fall asleep. "Hm?" He whispered, opening his eyes. "Oh, oh... Oh, Dean." He had a gigantic grin on his face. "You remember that day?"

"In... Horrifically vivid detail. Sorry about that by the way." Dean looked down, chuckling slightly. Seeing Cas so happy made him happy. That was his job, to keep Castiel happy, and Cas just needed to keep Dean safe. They depended on each other more than anything.

"Stop it, Dean," Castiel chuckled. He gazed out the window of the car, watching the empty swings swing in the wind. It was the same playground as where they met, all those years ago. That fateful day when they really began speaking to each other. When Castiel got Freddy. When they were both so young, so innocent. "God, sweet memories," Castiel teared up. He leaned on Dean's shoulder, biting his lip. "What would I do without you?"