Year 16: Ring Around The Rosey

Castiel paced around the room, looking down at his dark suit. It was beautiful, he thought. It was one of the fancier ones in his wardrobe. Tonight was his and Dean's seventh anniversary as a couple, and he knew he loved Dean more than he loved anything ever. Dean was his world. Dean was perfect. Dean was that big, hot, schizophrenic, Parmesan loving, burger loving king that Castiel was blessed to call his. He was going to take Dean out tonight. He was going to take him to his favorite restaurant, which, ironically, is a small little barbeque joint just out of town. Castiel believes that that place would be out of business if it weren't for Dean ordering it every time Cas couldn't cook. It was his favorite, and Cas had a hankering for some steak. Granted, it was not the most glamorous, neither were they.

"Cas, you look more worried than a fish in a room full of cats." Dean was standing in the door way, smiling with that cocky side smirk of his. He was stunning, but then again, when is he not? His hair was up in its usual spikes, but he decided to go formal, like Cas had. He wore a black suit, with a gray tie, and a gray coat over it. It almost made Castiel just want to hide and find his composure, because, damn, he was beautiful. His eyes twinkles in the evening lighting. The room was orange from the setting sun. "Cas," he cooed. He wrapped his arms around him, smiling as he planted a kiss on his lips. "Happy anniversary, Angel."

"Happy anniversary, Astro." Castiel's voice shook, but he couldn't help it.

After all, tonight would either be the best night of his life, or the worst.

Castiel was a small boy, still, just 24 years old, and to him, even though he was old enough, he still felt like he was a tiny 12 year old boy pulling Dean out of a burning room, saving his friends life at the expense of his own. He still felt like he was still that awkward new teen realizing that he had feelings for his best friend. He still felt like the one kid who really just hated everything about himself. He was that one little boy that got asked to a dance by his best friend, and still managed to get hurt that day. He was the small, fragile little kid who finally decided to show his scars. He was Dean's boyfriend after that day. He was that teenager that was just enough of an idiot to try to kill himself, but not idiot enough to succeed. Castiel was that one boy who got a matching tattoo with Dean, because that was how unbreakable their bond was. Castiel was Dean's, and Dean was Castiel's. Dean was still his perfect little man.

The man that he was going to ask to marry him.

"Cassie, are you alright?" Dean asked, pulling him closer. Castiel felt goosebumps rise on his skin as a smile crept on his face.

"I'm fine, babe." Castiel pressed his face to Dean's chest, smiling at the sound of his heartbeat. He pulled Dean closer. "Yeah, I'm good." He looked up, taking Dean's hand in his and stepping back. Dean's grip made him feel safe in his home. "C'mon. We're gonna be late."

"Alright, Angel." Dean murmured.

Castiel grabbed the bouquet of roses, knowing that they were Dean's favorite, and gave them to him, smiling. Dean smiled back. It was just like the time that Castiel had told Dean he always wanted to see the blue bonnets in Texas and Dean decided that they'd take a road trip there over spring break. Castiel basked in fields upon fields of them, and Dean just kept sitting next to him every time Cas would sit still. Even though he was almost positive it was against the law, the next year, Dean went back, claiming it was a family trip, and picked a whole bouquet of flowers for Castiel. "I... I just, I knew you liked roses..."

"Cassie, I love roses." Dean gave him a calm look. "Are we gonna go?" He sniffed them thoughtfully.

"Uh. Uhm... Yes." Castiel checked his coat for the one rose in his pocket. That was the special one. That was it. That rose held his fate.