Year 21: Adventures Of Gabe And Luci

Castiel heard his phone blaring over the silence of his bedroom. Dean's arm was wrapped around him, and he couldn't help but smile at the feeling. He liked the warmth of Dean's touch. He likes the feeling of Dean's skin against his. It was comfort. It was almost power. It was pure. Cas loved it. That still didn't change the fact that it was three in the morning and his phone was going off like a fucking bomb. Cas held his breath, grabbing his phone and opening it. He didn't expect to hear what he did. He didn't think he'd hear what he did. He didn't want to hear it.

Because it meant someone was in danger.

"C-Cas?" His little brother, Gabriel, who was now 24, whimpered from across the line. All his senses became acute, as if he had just seen a ghost. Gabriel's voice was terrified, and Cas wasn't thinking, like, scary move terrified, but the type of terrified where it sends a shiver down your spine because you're afraid for your own life. It was a beautiful night, and the moon was big and full, and Cas wondered how his brother could be so freaking scared. "Cas, please help us."

Castiel sat up, stirring Dean. He held a finger to his lip as a signal not to speak as Gabe spoke. "Gabe, slow down. What happened."

"Lucifer was taking me out as kind of like a brother's night and we ended up going a few places and we shopped and stuff and we were walking home and we got lost and we took a wrong turn and now I think we're close to your house but... but..." Gabe cut himself off, a grunt of effort coming from his line.

"But what, Gabe?"

"But this guy in an alley held us at gunpoint and threatened to shoot us if we didn't give him all we had in us. Lucifer was being mister I'm a cop, asshole, routine but Luci was off today so the guy didn't believe him and Lucifer came at him and..." Gabe fell into a fit of sobs, making Castiel's stomach lurch.

"Gabe!"

"He shot Lucifer, Cas. He shot us both."

Castiel snapped up, holding his breath, before whispering, "Gabriel Novak where the hell are you?" Cas listened to Gabriel spit out random features, and sure enough, Cas knew exactly where he was. "Gabe, I'm on my way. I'll get you two to a hospital, okay?"

"Hurry, Cas."

Cas dropped his phone and threw on a tee shirt and sweats. He looked at Dean, who was doing the same. "My brothers got mugged, Dean." Castiel spät, harsher than he should have. Dean jumped, and Cas didn't apologize, which wasn't like him. Cas never was mean. He didn't ever give Dean looks, or make him uncomfortable. Cas knew better. He ran out the door, barely giving Dean time to run with him and catch up at the car. Cas didn't notice he was crying until he was sitting, clutching the wheel with knuckles whiter than the night of his accident. He blew out a shaky breath, practically screaming at his car to go faster. He looked down for a split second. He pulled up outside an old convenient store, getting out and immediately screaming, "Gabe!"

"Cas," a choked voice sounded from around the corner, and Castiel broke into a sprint.

"Gabe, Gabe, I'm coming." Cas turned around the back of the store, and his heart dropped. Gabe sat there, clutching a wound on his leg and crying out, looking at his brother in his lap.

But what really bothered Cas was Lucifer.

Lucifer was laying on Gabe's lab, which was kind of smart, considering Lucifer's head cut off blood flow to the wound. Gabe hasn't bled dry. But Lucifer might have. He was in a casual outfit, but his white shirt was stained red with blood coming from a wound in his abdomen, and Cas lifted his shirt to see where the hole was. Biology was a part of psychology, and Cas learned a few things from the anatomy portion, including where the lungs were typically placed. "Gabe, is he breathing?" He whispered, to which Gabe shrugged. Cas tore off Lucifers shirt, now, and he realized there was two bullet holes in his brother. "Shit. One pierced his lung. Dean, get me tweezers and gauze!" He turned, and Dean obeyed as he looked at Gabe. He lifted Lucifer up, making Gabe screaming pain, and Cas saw the blood on his stomach. "Damn it, Gabe. I'll be back." Cas ran with his older brother in his arms, tears in his eyes.