Year 10: Pool Party

Castiel bit his lip, throwing a t-shirt on. Today was Alfie's 15th birthday, and he and Dean had been invited to his pool party. Castiel didn't want to go, really, and though Dean said they would, Castiel wasn't sure Dean was up for it. Dean had become distant lately. Well, distant wasn't the word. Dean had actually been clinging to Cas for dear life. The teen had developed an anxiety disorder. Dean had taken a turn for the worst when he wasn't with Cas. It had set in to him, after two years, that his parents were dead, and Dean didn't trust anyone but Cas and his brother. Dean had changed, and Castiel wasn't a big fan. The weirdest part was, when he was with Cas, he was almost completely fine. Cas was the one with the problems when they were seen together. It's almost as if he was supposed to have the role of publicly fragile.

"Cas, you need a ride?" Lucifer knocked on the doorframe. He was 17, now, and Castiel had to admit, his brother had grown into his looks. He had gained muscle, his eyes seemed... Softer. Deeper, even, and he had gotten a haircut. This upcoming school year was the first year in ages, and the last year that they would ever be sharing a school. Lucifer was going into his senior year as the one kid not to be messed with. He was strong, and he was smart. He was the classic, movie type jock, except he had more brains than the ones in the movies. Everyone wanted to be friends with him. Every girl wanted to date him. Cas was glad he chose who he chose though. Lucifer had a really nice girlfriend named Lyndsey, and she loved Lucifer more than anything. She liked Cas, which was a plus, and she made his brother happy, which was all he could ask for.

Cas looked up at his brother and smiled. He hid his arms behind his back. He was fine with the scars. They didn't seem to be fading, and he finally was beginning to accept that. It was just a habit. "Uhm, yeah, actually." Cas smiled.

Lucifer frowned at the tiny gesture. "Cas, arm."

"Oh, yeah, right, sorry." Cas pulled it back out, chuckling lightly. He stared at it for a moment, determined. It was just a scar. I gigantic scar that covered half of his body. It was just splotchy skin.

Lucifer saw the look on his brothers face and his frown grew. He walked in, poking Castiel's temple. He laughed ash is brother stumbled into the bed. "Tell your brain to shut up, bud."

"You and I both know that that doesn't really work," Castiel groaned, sprawling across the bed. He looked at the ceiling, sighing.

"Shut up," Lucifer cackled,grabbing his brother and shoving him over his shoulder. "I'm assuming you want me to drive Dean, too, huh?"

"If you don't mind."

"Not at all." Lucifer set him down and laughed. "Go get Dean. I'll start the car." Lucifer shooed him out the door, smiling.

"Don't crash into a tree or something," Castiel's voice cracked, causing him to frown. He didn't like that at all. It was just so weird. He knocked on the door, anxiously waiting for it to open. "Hey, Bobby," he waved at the man in the door.

"Castiel," Bobby cracked a smile when he saw the boy. Bobby had gotten to know Castiel, and he had taken a liking to the young boy. "Dean is—"

"Cas!" A familiar voice chirped. It was Dean. He was standing with a towel over his shoulders and a gray tee shirt. He pushed himself out the door, hugging his friend tightly. "I love swimming."

Cas chuckled, looking down. "Lucifer is driving us. That cool?" He ran a hand through his hair, raising an eyebrow.

"Awesome!" Dean smiled, turning back to wave at Bobby and Sam—who was now standing in the doorway.

"Bye, Dean! Good luck!" Sam waved. Dean gave him a look that confused Cas, but he didn't really mind. He was in his own little world at the time. Castiel just stared off into space, a vacant smile on his face, but it wasn't really vacant. The smile was actually filled with happiness and love.

"Cas, let's go!" Dean called, halfway down the steps.

Castiel jumped, biting his bottom lip as he followed Dean. They both sat in the back seat of the car. That's when Castiel lost it inside. Since the seventh grade Winter Wonderland dance, Cas knew Dean liked him back, but since then, things had been the same as they ever were. It's so dumb. For over a year, they had been inseparable, but remained friends. Cas really wanted something more. He longed to call that green-eye'd mess his. He felt almost blind. Was Dean just faking it for him? He didn't know, but he really, really wanted to.

"You have arrived," Lucifer imitated in a monotone voice. "No, but seriously. We're here. You two have fun, stay safe, don't accept drinks from anyone but a cooler or refrigerator, and don't die. I'll be back at around 8." Lucifer listed his rules, which actually made the boys laugh as they stepped out.

"Thanks, Luci." Castiel tapped the window, making his brother jump.

Cas laughed, walking up to the front porch with  Dean. The two glanced at each other before Cas knocked. Then, they waited.

"Oh, hi, boys." Alfie's dad answered the door. "Party's out back. Table of presents, at least that's what he makes me call it, is by the door. Have fun." He closed the door, watching them as they both set their presents down on the table marked with big green letters, TABLE OF PRESENTS!

"He's hilarious," Dean chuckled, walking out back. Castiel followed him, and his initial thought was, Damn, he's rich. There was a gigantic, in ground pool that took up only a fraction of this huge yard. There was a big patio in the corner, capable of seating around twenty people, and the rest of the yard was well maintained. It was beautiful.

"Cas! Dean!" Alfie ran over to them, smiling widely. "I'm so glad you could come!"

"Of course!" Cas purred, a big smile on his face. He really enjoyed pool parties, and all of his friends were here. Why not, right?

Dean had already jumped in the pool, his shirt laying on the grass next to it. Cas bit his lip. Dean was swimming around, laughing, but he never let Cas out of his vision. Not once.

But then Cas did something that no one thought he'd do in front of anyone but himself.

Cas took off his shirt, all his scars showing, and jumped into the pool happily. When he came up for air, he was greeted with a gigantic hug from Dean. "You look good without a shirt, Angel," Dean whispered.

That was torture for Cas. The pet names, the questionability of, literally, everything that Dean did regarding Cas. He lost it. For real, this time.

Cas pulled Dean under water and crashed his lips against his. To his surprise, Dean didn't pull away. He pulled Castiel closer, and when they came up, he stared down at him with a smile. The water in his hair dripped across his face so gracefully, and Cas was mesmerized for a moment. "So do you, Astro."

"Cas, can we just make this official already?" Dean whispered.

"Of course, Dean-o." Castiel pushed him under again, tackling him. Can't tackle a quarterback, Cas learned.

The rest of the party went off without a hitch, cake, presents, a bellyflop contest, which Dean dominated. Then, they went home.

And that night, like he did so many years ago, Castiel stared at Freddy and his leaf, and silently thanked God for bringing him and Dean together.

--a/n--

Look a cheesy short cute chapter

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT YES

Dean is such a tease can we pls agree on that?

Oh and the photo in the attachment is one I took of spooky jim christmas at the concert I went to a little over a week ago

Hey guys I'm going back to camp in 3 days just a heads up there's probably going to be one more chapter in this

Let's give Ian Conroy (a camp counselor) some love bc he gave me an idea for something later in this book.

And also he's a squish I can't wait to see him again

Okay I'll stop talking because it's late but here Cas and Dean are officially dating yay

I love you my Carcrashovercastyoungbloods

-Emily aka foblvr