Year 35: Keep It Sweet

Castiel jolted awake, his bare body pressed against Dean's. He tried to shift to get a glimpse of the alarm clock that was on the night stand. It was talk, and he could faintly hear the pit pat of the rain on the roof. Castiel sighed, seeing that the alarm clock read 12:06. Castiel had only been a sleep for two hours. He was almost accustomed to sleepless nights. It was quiet, and boring. All Castiel could do was listen to Dean's light snores as he breathed. He felt Dean pull him closer in his sleep, almost like he used to do when he was little. Castiel had been deemed one of Dean's stuffed animals. Castiel enjoyed looking back on thqur life. He could remember every detail. Who else would? He wondered.

Astro

"But, Cas! I wanna sign it!" Dean whined, his green eyes narrowing with frustration. "Please, please, please!"

Castiel stared at his cast, sighing. "But, Astro, you're the reason I have this in the first place."

"Cas!"

"Nuh-uh," Castiel pouted, looking at the cast that was signed by so many people. It was itchy. That's the best word he could find to explain how the cast felt. Cas didn't want to keep it on for two months. He pouted.

"Please?" Dean curled his bottom lip downward.

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Please!"

"Nope."

"Cas!"

"Ugh. Fine." Castiel handed him the marker, rolling his eyes as Dean signed his cast with the dumbest grin on his face.

-

Peanut Butter

"Dean! Give me the peanut butter!" Mrs. Winchester called. She pounded on the door.

"No!" Dean clung to the jar, sticking his fingers in it and dragging them up to his mouth. "Mine!"

Castiel sat by Dean, his face covered in the brown substance. "Dean, give it back to her."

"But Cas," he complained.

"Dean," Castiel took the jar and stuck his hand through the door, hoping that she didn't see his face. "Here."

"Thank you, Castiel." She chuckled.

"Cas!" Dean pouted.

"There's plenty on my face."

-

People Are Mean

"Dean, I said it was fine. They're just rude." Castiel held his arm tightly, looking down as he walked past his best friend.

"Cas, you stood there while they picked at you. That's not okay."

"Dean, I said it's fine. They're jerks."