4/27/20

Isa quietly pushed open the door to her dad's study, Nicholas was at his desk, Scribbling away at a notebook with an ink pen. "Dad? may i come in?" She asked, a small, brown leather book clutched to her chest.
Nicholas set down the pen and stretched his back, The Japanese man Let out a sigh of relief, "Please, enter." He Motioned for her to come in. Isa quickly slithered across the ice cold tiles and coiled her tail on a rug just in front of the Desk. "Ive been looking for something to get me away from this habit of mine." nicholas griped, and rubbed the bridge of his nose.
Isa almost held out the book she was holding, but asked again what nicholas was writing, "What do write of now?" She asked, And adjusted her fur coat.
Nicholas flipped through the previous ten pages of the notebook, "Astronomy, Darling." He answered, "The study of the heavens beyond our skies." he added. "Its like the mercenaries outside are any fun to speak with, let alone Avoid their bullets." He griped. The mercenaries had come and stood watch over the estate after chandra had captured one during a break-in. The maids were no longer dressed the part, minus Sora, who was intent on Maid-related duties.
Zenia Walked in, her ember tail warming the room as soon as she entered, "There you are," the salamander relieved, spotting isa, "You may be in your twenties but the cold still brings its chill to your skin." The battle-ready woman stepped up by isa, Practically invading her personal space, "you took off so suddenly when you saw that book."
Nicholas raised a brow and adjusted his glasses, "What book?" he asked. isa held up the one she had discovered.
"This one, father." She set it on the desk in front of nick, who was first puzzled, and then overcome by joy.
"My diary! youve found my diary!" he exclaimed, "Where was it? its been missing for years!" He laughed and began eagerly flipping through the pages.
"It was in the crevice of your lounge chair, father." Isa explained, feeling more alert from zenia's heat.
Nicholas stood and walked over to a bookshelf loaded with japanese policies, foreign affairs, long-abandoned projects, And the occasional history tome. He squeezed the diary between an outdated law book and the history of feudal japan.
The door creaked open again, sora poked her head in and looked around before announcing herself, "Whats going on in here? i heard master nicholas' Outburst." The harpy servant stood relaxed, a broom in one hand.
"Oh everything is fantastic," Nicholas began, "Isa recovered my diary and i cant wait to write about my life's current events." Nicholas stopped an oncoming monologue, "Well enough about me, what about the three of you? How have your days been?"
Isa was the first to respond, "I caused your happiness, father, not even the cold can Avert my feelings." The lamia Gleamed.
Zenia placed an armored hand on isa's head, nearly ruining her hair, "If keeping this girl warm, and this domain safe are my tasks, than i am pleased."
Sora Closed her eyes with a smile, "Whatever master asks of me will make me happy." The harpy replied, She held the broom closer to herself, and her sleeve exposed her wrist. Quickly her disposition changed, she looked down, and hid her wrists.
Nicholas noticed her grief, and placed his hands on her shoulders. The harpy felt tense, Afraid, "Youre okay, dear, dont let the past haunt your mind." he whispered, Recalling the scars on sora's Wrists and the base of her spine.
Sora nodded and attempted to expell her sorrow with a heavy sigh. A shriek was heard through the halls and a tan-blue blur zipped past the open door. "I see miss Lydia has discovered a rat." isa commented.
Chandra Calmly walked past, waved hello, and continued. a door slammed, and silence fell again. Zenia looked eye to eye with isa, who had stood herself up In shock, "Youre growing pale, Isa, Let us return to the foyer." The fiery lizard-woman Ushered Isa out before she could protest. Sora looked up at nicholas, "Do you have more tasks, master nick?" she asked, eager for another chore.
In front of the fire, Isa hung her fur coat on a hanger in front of the lively fireplace, Her heart pounding in her chest, and her face felt hot, "You noticed?" isa asked.
"Indeed." Zenia replied, with a dull tone, "At this age, as lamia are, you feel a hunger." The salamander explained.
Isa rested on the thick rug, staying warm, "I dont understand, Ive just had most of a feast?" The crimson girl questioned.
Zenia humphed in amusement, "No, girl, not that kind of hunger." The salamander answered, and lowered her voice, "The hunger of lust." Zenia held up her clawed, rusty-colored, scaly hand, "Later in your adult years, It becomes permanent, Always there, ebbing at your self control, sometimes it feels Like a torture after ignoring it for so long." Zenia clenched her hand into a fist, "But you can never give in, not here, not ever."
Isa Had a strange feeling shroud her body, "So how do i get rid of it?" The lamia asked. Zenia scratched the back of her head, careful not to upset the bun her hair was in, "Well, I suppose youre old enough to know."
Nicholas stabbed the rat with a small knife, "Got it!" He called over his shoulder, Lydia breathed a sigh of relief. melana entered the kitchen holding a Letter with a strange sigil on it.
Nicholas dropped the knife and rat in the rubbish bin, and closed the metal top, before turning to melana, who held out the letter, "For you, nicholas, It was sitting in front of the door, under the letter slot." Melana was a vampire, and spoke with a tone that made her seem highly sophisticated.
Nicholas thanked her and took the letter, its sigil seemed familiar, His face grew grim as he read. "What is the problem, Mister hamichi?" lydia asked.
"Its against my will to say," nicholas began, "But were about to meet old friends of mine."