7/25/15

Its been too long. my hands have been tied with various political affairs and raising Isa, who is now a rather intelligent adolescent girl. a year ago, war broke out in Europe, and I have begun to hear tales of it's bloodshed and violence. It sickens me to see men killing men, versus in the past when I longed for it. as for estate affairs, I am the only human present. not one of my servants turned up to be human. all of them are alternate species yet to be named by human science. I feel like an outcast amongst the diversity of my own home. dammit how did they elude my detection for so long? I can understand the cloaking spell they use but thats just Zenia and Chandra, the others completely covered themselves in heavy clothing. Something is amiss. it has been some time since I have been addressed by the rest of the Japanese government, and I have begun to see repetitive faces outside the gate, stopping to observe before they move on, yet they return once on the hour, whomever they are. I am being watched, no doubt. The servants are quite on edge, perhaps they detect something I do not? perhaps they have a shred of primitive instinct that humans have lost? no matter, they detect danger and tend to stick close when I move about at night. at least the fall days are still warm and bearable. Isa is going to teach me how to play the violin, I look forward to it, her music is so calming and relaxing, she could calm a typhoon with her instrument. I hope nothing terrible occurs, the days have been quite peaceful.

- Nicholas