December 7, 1941

Dear diary
How long it has been since I last wrote in your pages? With my several entries in the past and this one, written on most likely my death bed, There are still a few pages to spare. Hawaii was a good place for us to live the past 20 years, My friends, My wife, my daughter Isa, The environment perfect For us all. Jack purchased a house near a beach on the big island, five miles from a little town I found Pleasing with its shops And other buildings. I recall my friend, Jack, He drifted away from his bootlegging and Settled as a single man, Mary as his roomate, the two were inseparable. I miss Jack, However. He died of cancer in 1938, Mary still rarely speaks and her mood is typically abyssal Despite her inheritance of six Million US dollars. I feel overjoyed for Isa, She met a man and fell in love, they married in the summer of 32', Just like me and Zenia. Im so proud of that girl, She is so happy now, So in love and Still looks not a day over twenty-three. Regarding the others, Lydia dives and burrows in the sand, sometimes returning with Intricate shells, or On rare occasion a fossil. Melana has taken up the opportunity of aiding the nearby village to snatch escaped criminals for her meals, I havent seen a murder or robbery since we moved here. Chandra teaches the art of the sword and owns a chapel, She holds service every Sunday here in pearl harbor for the Americans, in the hopes that one day her home may retake her and forgive her lecherous past. Sora remains a servant to this day, though I took up most of the cleaning so she wont work herself to the bone every day, She has found a passion for climbing the slope of mona loa during it's inactive phases, sometimes I can spot her in Isa's paintings. My wife, Zenia, Is the strongest woman ive ever met, but also has the kindest, Honor-bound heart below her battle-hardened surface. To our dismay she never carried any children, And we gave up on growing our family Eight years after our marriage. Zenia and Isa are in a waiting room down the hallway, I may finish this last entry before they approach. Alice's sister, Luna, Turns ten this week, She Looks almost exactly the same save for her white petals and pale skin; she is a very skilled cultivator. I suppose this leaves myself, Lying in this hospital bed from a heart attack. Ive lived my life, Ive made my choices, Ive made my peace with my mistakes. sometimes I still dream of that strange woman, But instead of vague advice she comes to speak to me like a distant friend. Samurai, politician, Saint, Sinner, Husband, Master, No title is appealing besides Nicholas. I grow weary, diary, Im an old man with a dark history and I wish only to rest. Goodbye, old friend, My writings to your pages were revitalizing and aided my thoughts. Thank you.

-Nicholas Hamichi

Nick set the ink pen on his hospital night stand, His hands unsteady, Skin wrinkled and hair dotted with black and white. A nurse walked into his room and checked the IV, "Mister Hamichi, your wife and daughter are here to visit, shall I let them in?" The nurse asked.
     Nicholas nodded his head, "Yes, please." He answered, Unable to sit upright. He reached around the side of the hospital bed and repeatedly pulled a lever until he was in a sitting position, Just in time as Isa and Zenia came around the corner and stood at the side of his bed, Zenia's cloaking spell working perfectly on them both.
     Zenia picked up Nick's hand and held it in both of hers, "Theyre not too hard on you, are they sweetie?" Zenia asked, Her face had only begun to age. "Isa has a rather big announcement to make, But ive got smaller news to say first."
     Nick Coughed and Shook his head, "Go on ahead, dear." He urged.
     "Well, we found someone to buy some of Isa's paintings, Theyre quite interested, saying the artwork is reminiscent of Van Gough. she's also found an orchestra to play for on the mainland US." Zenia Informed her husband, "She wont sit still though, you'll really like- hey are you okay?" The salamander looked concerned, As Nick went into a half-controlled coughing fit.
     Nicholas regained control of his cough, Adjusted his glasses And Cleared his throat, "Go right ahead darling, Its great youre perusing fine arts, Alan has a hell of a fiance." Bringing up the name of Isa's future husband seemed to excite her even more, "Too bad hes on the Nevada right now," Nick pointed out the window at the vessel in the harbor, "I would wave if I could see him."
     Isa seemed to be radiating joy, Hardly able to speak, stand still, or stop smiling. "Dad, listen, I dont know how youre going to react but I am Beyond overjoyed, I told mom last week and she screamed." The disguised lamia started, Talking quickly.
     "Alan is lucky he wasnt there, I might have slapped him." Zenia joked, causing Nick to tilt his head.
     "Well, Isa, what is it? Whats bouncing you off the walls? Spit it out already, My heart isnt what it used to be." Nick Grumped sarcastically.
     Isa leaned in, her hands on the rail of his bed, "Dad," She tried not to raise her voice, "Im pregnant!" Her eyes were filled with tears of joy, Zenia laughed as Nick's face lit up.
     "Darling, thats fantastic!" Nicholas cried, and hugged his daughter, "Im so happy for you!" he wheezed, Holding Isa as tightly as he could, "Youll make such a great mother, when are you due?" He asked.
     "September," Zenia cut off Isa, "Shell be a great mother because of a great father." The salamander Looked out of the window to Nick's left, "Is that a military exercise?" She asked, pointing at the Cloud of planes on approach.
      Suddenly, a plume of ocean water erupted from the hull of the West Virginia, the following bang Caused Isa and Zenia to flinch back in shock, Isa covered her mouth in surprise, Zenia grit her teeth. The explosion shook the windows of the hospital, screams were heard, and suddenly everything stopped, color drained from the world, but Nick was puzzled as his own color was retained. "What the hell? Darling? Zenia?" He called to his daughter and wife, But they did not respond.
The sound of wind from the doorway caught Nick's attention, He turned his head to see a tall, black oval. A hand stretched out from the black shape, then retracted. A few seconds later, The woman with white hair stepped out of the oval holding a bouquet of roses, The spitting image of the one from Nick's dreams.
"You!" He pointed a weak finger, "I know you." he sized her up from head to toe, Her snow white hair was thick and soft, It draped down her back to just below her hips. a black tail Tipped with an ace-of-spades shape rested just a few inches off of the tile flooring. Her bright red pupils Seemed to pierce Nick's mind, Her face was pure beauty. She wore a Black dress with no back for her wings, the front of the dress hung low, Hardly containing her bust. Her form seemed to have a glowing, dark and violet border.
     "Greetings, Nicholas." She approached Nick and set the bouquet on his lap, "These are from a friend an ocean away, She sends her regards." The mysterious woman turned back around and peered around the corner into the hallway, "Good, my spell worked and formalities are aside. now then," She snapped her forefinger and thumb, The dress burnt away, Her wings became larger, more ominous. two horns turned around either side of her head, And stopped at her forehead, pointing slightly upwards Almost like a crown. Under her dress was what Nick assumed to be perverse drawers, A bra that seemed to be too light, Its two Straps linked to an iron choker around her neck. Skintight gloves stretched their sleeves Back to her elbows. "I think you know my name." She Purred, Seriousness abandoned for a blush on her face and a sly smile and thirsting eyes.
     "Pardon? and would you kindly put something on yourself?" Nicholas requested, But took The quiet laugh as a no.
     "Beelzebub, Lucifer, satan, The dark prince, The demon king, Demon lord, Maou, I believe you know at least two of those." She tilted her hips and flicked her tail, "I do have something on myself." She tugged at one of her bra's straps teasingly.
      Nicholas looked away, "I dont want my heart to stop while looking at the one that haunts my dreams. Not with my family here."
     The demon lord sighed, looking more serious, "Im sorry, Nicholas." She whispered, and walked to the window, gazing out at the planes and the still explosion, "Pearl harbor, December seventh, Ninteen forty-five. imperial Japan launches an attack at 7:45 am, Hawaii time. 383 japanese planes attack from six carrier ships in the pacific, They lose hardly anything in comparison to the 3,580 some american casualties; wounded and dead included in that number." She explained, "Civilian casualties; 68 killed, 35 wounded, and 3 aircraft destroyed." She turned around, "Youre among the 8 in this hospital that died indirectly," She reported.
     Nick shook his head and scowled, "Impossible, I am alive Right now." He disagreed. The demon lord pointed at a clock hanging on the wall, "Your heart stopped when that torpedo hit the USS West Virginia, In five seconds- Real time- You will die. The shock from the explosion Finally ended it's rhythm." She bent over Nicholas, "As soon as that clock starts ticking again, Your wife and your daughter will watch you struggle, and then perish."
     Nicholas felt angry, "Youre lying, what trick is this? Nurse! Doctor!" Nick Shed a tear, Nobody came, and nobody heard, "Please," He called out as the demon lord wiped away his tear with her thumb, "My daughter, she..." He sobbed, "You cant do this!"
     The demon lord interlaced her fingers and hung her head, "This is your natural death, Nicholas," She explained, "I have never killed a human in my lifetime."
     Nicholas rested his head back, and touched the roses, "When will time restart?" he asked.
     "As soon as I leave through my portal
and close it." The demon lord answered, "But, if you were any ordinary human, You would die, without my interference, here and now."
     "What do you mean... Demon lord?" Nick asked.
"Ive come to offer a proposal to you,"
She explained, And held open her left hand, a tiny gravestone appeared And levitated above her palm, "You can rest in peace, No more subhumans or otherworldly affairs. No Mobsters hounding you. I can shut down your brain instantly, leave, and your present family will not experience the harrowing struggle you put up to survive. or," She opened her other hand, revealing a sword, "Become my Knight. My elite protector, Your youth will be restored, and life extended. You only need to serve me as your queen. I have seen you fight, youre as strong as my husband, And just as fierce. Defeat is never an option for you."
     Nick relaxed a bit after catching a glimpse of Isa's belly under her white collared shirt, "Go on." He told the demon lord, listening closely.
     "Your actions with Isa, Zenia, Chandra, Melana, Lydia, Sora, and Mary have caught my complete attention. A story of generosity and kindness. You resent your sins, and faced them with dignity; Nobility and honor are your strength, your hunger for justice and vengeance a fuel for keeping them safe." The demon lord continued, "I need a warrior such as yourself, Nicholas Hamichi." The demon lord held her open hands closer, "The choice is yours, and I will respect it."
    vNicholas looked out the window, at the swarm of planes and the explosion, then at his wife and daughter, "If I fight, Do they come with?" He nodded at the salamander and lamia.
     The demon lord frowned and bounced her head side to side, "Cant just leave them with an empty bed or a missing father/Husband can I?" She answered.
     Nick shook the hand holding the sword image, the demon lord reached forward and pressed her hand against the center of nick's chest, He felt A force flow through his body, And he felt his heart grow stronger, until it beat like a blacksmith's hammer against an anvil. The demon lord touched Zenia and Isa, their color returned and they gasped in shock. "I feel quite pleased with your decision, Nicholas. This one's for free."
      Zenia looked the demon lord up and down, "Aren't you--" The salamander stopped as The demon lord quickly lifted up Zenia's blouse, and pressed Two fingers against the salamander's bullet wound below her navel. Zenia let out a cry of surprise as She felt the same energy Nick did, The scar disappeared.
"Thank me later, Little Salamander." The demon lord let go of Zenia and stood before Isa, who was still pale from the West Virginia's explosion. "Calm down, Daughter of Nicholas, Your husband will be safe. The Nevada will lose 60 men of it's 1400. It'll return to service next year."
     Isa was appalled, "How does that help?" She questioned what she assumed was a Hooker.
"You will have a happy marriage, dearie, Now come, your father's new life begins." The demon lord Clapped her hands and whispered an unknown word, The portal reappeared in its place, "Let us return to my realm."
     Zenia helped Nick out of the hospital bed and slung his arm across her shoulders, Isa carried the flowers. "Through there." Nick pointed at the Black oval.
     "There? are you mad? your daughter is expecting." Zenia Griped.
     "Yes, or I die here." Nicholas shuffled forwards, his age beginning to fade away. Zenia and Nick disappeared into the portal, Isa two steps behind.
     The demon lord Looked out over the Time-frozen battle, And saluted the harbor, "Good luck." She wished to the harbor. As she stepped into and faded into the darkness of the portal, The portal disappeared, color returned to the world, and the war raged on.