6/1/20

To my journal,
The american, Jack, has returned with his partner-in-crime, Mary. They sailed on a steam boat across the pacific with Jack's car, A surplus of cigarettes, two bottles of whiskey, One trench gun, a Bolt-action rifle similar to Zenia's musket, A large assortment of ammunition, and three colt m1911 handguns, Leave it to a pair of Americans to carry firearms that kick like an angry mule. My revolver is not nearly as strong, And it's more so an antique gifted to me By the son of a Civil war Soldier. Jack tells me his tip to my situation was anonymous, besides the only hint being a woman with white hair. Jack has gotten old since he fell out of politics, he became a bootlegger and met Mary when she tried to mug him. it turns out, she is half human and half subspecies, a 'Dhampir' by how Jack describes. Her japanese is broken, but getting better, and I am yet to dust off my english. The window has been repaired by wooden boards from my gardening shed, and have proven to be less than waterproof. Regarding the white-haired woman, ive had dreams of her in the past, they started when I found Isa. what could this woman mean, A friend, or a threat? Time will tell.

- Nicholas
Further, ive worked poor Sora to her bones, Ive decided today will be a day free of work for her.

     Nicholas left his diary open for the ink to dry, and looked out at the clear, afternoon sky. his gate was still a wreck, and his doorstep terrorists had blocked the entrance with a menagerie of wooden objects and barrels. Jack's car's trunk still sat open, Its contents moved into the guest room with Jack and Mary, Who were standing in the backyard, Smoking and enjoying their company.
     Nick Left his chair and then his study, Walked down the hall, and stumbled on Sora, who was dusting off a vase with her wrist. "Oh, Sora," Nicholas called her attention as he approached.
    Sora set the vase down, "Yes, master Nicholas?" She asked.
     Nick rubbed a speck of dust off of the vase's pedestal, "I believe Ive been working you to the bone the last two months, Sora, why dont you take the rest of today and tomorrow for yourself?" He Smiled at her, "You stay up almost all night cleaning and I believe you need some much needed rest." Nick Began to walk away from the kikimora, who had become puzzled. "If you'll excuse me, I have questions for Jack and Mary."
      Sora stood there a moment, unsure of how to react, "Erm... okay." She shrugged, Not having anything on her agenda besides her common chores.
     Nick stepped outside to the backyard, Jack and Mary were intrigued by Alice, Who was performing some kind of amusement for them. "Again?" Mary asked, And Alice nodded her head. Looking over mary's head, Alice was holding one of her vines, Its thorns gentle against her skin. Alice held the vine out, and a rose bloomed from it's tip, Then the petals fell off as a tulip bloomed from the middle of the rose, and then a lily from the tulip.
     Jack pointed at the lily rose was holding, "Thats a swell trick youve got there." He complimented, And tapped one end of his cigarette after a breath of smoke.
    Alice retracted the vine, "Thank you, Youre not bad people, despite lady Melana disapproving of lady Mary." The alarune Sat on one of her rose's petals, "Hello, Nicholas." She greeted.
     Mary flicked away her cigarette, "She may be Four hunter years old, But im still butter than her." The dhampir mumbled.
     Jack tapped her elbow, "You mean 'Hundred' and 'better', Short stop." Jack corrected.
     Nicholas decided to join the conversation, "How old are you, Mary? You seem to be not a day older than seventeen."
Mary gave Nick a sour look and adjusted her stetson, "Crude to ask a lady her age." She Retaliated, And stepped on her cigarette butt, "Three-two to provide answer." Mary answered, changing her agitated expression. Jack leaned into her ear to fix her mistaken grammar. "Thirty-two, I mean." She shook her head quickly, her shoulder-length hair whispered as it brushed the back of her neck.
"Fascinating." Nicholas nodded, "Why do you and Melana dislike each other so much?" he asked. after a moment of a blank stare, Mary looked to Jack for a translation, who gave the question in english as he lit another cigarette with a silver flip-lighter.
"You hear," she started, "My mom was a vampire, my dad I never saw because he... uh..." She trailed off and asked jack for help. "Was a one-knight stand, Its how us dhampir are born, when a vampire gets with it before shes actually ready, I dont mean maturity, i angry-- oops --mean before shes found a husband shes adapted to. Its stu-- uh -- stupid, its not right either. Im sawed-- seen as a dog... mutt." She managed, "Doesnt anyone know what romantic-- Romance --is anymore?"
Alice Laughed under her breath, "Shes cute with her rudimentary japanese."
     Mary pinched an object under her trench coat, Ignoring the summer weather. Nicholas motioned for Jack to follow, and the two stepped away from the greenhouse, which was now full of Little stems in the soil. "Jack, can you tell me more about this white-haired woman?" Nick asked.
      Jack took a drag out of his cigarette in thought, "Well, Shes a real looker," He thought, crossing his arms, "Best broad ive seen outside one of gatsby's parties, shes got this.... I dont know what to call it, Air around her thats like a violet color." He scratched his salt and pepper hair, "Well lemme tell ya, Nick, shes got some knockers." He finished.
     Nicholas found the description fitting to his dreams, "I keep dreaming about her, like shes trying to talk to me," he explained, "do you think shes trying to help us?"
     Jack nodded his head, deep in thought again, "I dont know, but she said bring my favorite guns to help you." Jack pointed two fingers at Nicholas, "But if its one thing I learned from Chicago, it's never trust a persistent woman with a smile like that, especially while bootleggin'." Jack answered.
     Inside the estate, Lydia Carried a bag of her laundry to the wash room, And found Sora washing A load of laundry. "Sora?" Lydia asked.
"Yes, miss Lydia?" Sora responded, tilting her head to show she was listening.
    Lydia pointed, "Arent you supposed to be relaxing? I overheard Nicholas mention you had a free day." The sand worm indicated.
    Sora stopped washing Melana's dress, confused again, "I dont quite understand that," she explained, "I cant think of anything to do besides the housework, im a member of a servant race, this is what we do. pleasing our masters is our life's goal, no matter what they ask of us." Sora shook her hands, Drops of soapy water flicked everywhere.
     A sly smile crept across Lydia's face, Now to get back at Mister Nicholas for Dragging me out of my quarters naked. "Okay," Lydia clapped her hands together, dropping her laundry, "Here's what you should do..."