5/18/20

To my journal,
Alice has finally let down her facade, And Stands prominently out of her flower. the thorn-coated vines are long gone, but she can still conjure them with a snap of her fingers. She Motions for me to enter the greenhouse, but the whole time the blockade has been on my doorstep, theyve been trying to kill me. I dont believe entering would be an intelligent decision without assistance. I call for Zenia and Hopefully she gets here quick, Id rather not enjoy being covered in thorns. Through the glass of my greenhouse I can make an accurate description of the Alarune, She has deep red hair draping down her back, With Green leaves tangled in it's lengths. her skin is a shade of green, Her eyes a simple brown. She owns a face thats young, round, though blank and clear of expression. If she stepped out of her flower, I would assume she stood Five feet and Seven inches from the ground. Her body below the shoulder is bare, minus the leaves covering her bust, The rose petals hide her knees. I avert my eyes to spare at least some modesty, despite this plant being our enemy. She motions for me to enter again, but I refuse to move until Zenia arrives. Oh. Speak of the devil.

-Nicholas

"What did you need, Nicholas?" Zenia greeted with a warm voice. She examined the greenhouse, "What does she want?"
Nicholas stuffed his diary into his vest pocket, "I dont know, but she seems to be getting anxious. I want to speak with her, it could be important." Nick explained as he took a step forward.
Zenia grabbed Nick's wrist, halting him, "Youll be cut to ribbons." She implied, Trying not to squeeze too hard. A squeak signified the opening of the greenhouse door, the Alarune Pushed open the door with a vine.
She motioned again for them to enter, "I promise to remain peaceful." Alice Called, The vine retracted and disappeared under the rose.
Zenia hesitated, then went against her intention to back away, "Lash out and itll be Nicholas who carves your leaves from your body." The salamander warned, handing Nick her katana. Nick took the sword and kept one hand on the Hilt.
Cautiously stepping in, Nicholas and Zenia stayed within an inch of the open door. Alice knelt down, and sat on one of her crimson petals, Clutching one hand to her chest, "They told me they would burn my forest if I failed, I can feel my home dying even now," The alarune began, "Please, listen, they have more like me, unhumans who think they have the upper hand of a deal." Alice sighed, "Theyre not thinking right, Theyre being manipulated. Denizens of my homeland, The demon realm, and wonderland, all of them minus the heavens have been Invaded. Nonhumans twisted to fight for the wrong people." Alice sank into her flower, Her body almost completely submerged by a Strange liquid, "They have Jabberwocks, Thunderbirds, Hellhounds, Even a Dragon fights for them. Each one waiting for their turn to take a swipe at your head." Alice pointed at Nick, Who winced at the thought of decapitation.
Zenia puffed and crossed her arms, "Theyll be no match for us. Especially Nicholas." On mentioning him, the greenhouse seemed to grow hotter.
Nick relaxed his grip on the sword, "Do you know when their next attack will be?" He asked. Alice seemed to sink deeper into the liquid, trying to hide herself.
The alarune sighed and stood back up, The rose's Viscous liquid clung to her like honey, "Next week, But I dont know what day," Alice averted her eyes, searching for redemption in the empty gardening soil, "I feel filthy."
Zenia raised a brow, "For what? warning us against our now mutual enemy?" the salamander badgered, "Or is it that youre exposed at the waist?"
Alice shook her head, "This garden is empty save for a few bushes," The alarune looked down, "I have taken root here, I dont think ill be moving for a very long time," She knelt in front of Nick and Zenia, Then lowered herself to a bow, "Please forgive what ive done to you, I thought my forest would become a sanctuary, and now it groans in agony as it burns. May I stay here? All I ask is that you let me cultivate a garden." Alice remained still, fearing they would kill her on the spot. Hearing the drawing of a sword, Alice closed her eyes and braced herself.
"You engulf my home in thorns, threaten my daughter, my servants, nearly kill one of us, And you ask forgiveness?" Nicholas rested the edge of the blade against Alice's back, the alarune seemed to shake. "Your request is bold, and I am no monster." Nick retracted the katana, and Alice felt relief as the hand guard clicked against The wooden scabbard, "You may stay here Alice, Grow whatever beauties of nature you may, but," Nicholas watched as the Alarune picked herself up, though stayed on all fours, "This is now your home, When those men out there, those scoundrels threaten us once more, you must defend this place with us." Nick held out his hand, Palm up, "Do you accept these terms?" He asked.
Alice placed both of her hands in Nick's open palm, "A home, my own garden, and all I need is defend it, I accept." The alarune stood upright, "Thank you."
Nicholas handed Zenia her sword, "Good day, Alice." as him and Zemia began their walk towards the estate, Zenia brushed up against Nick's side.
"Didn't think id like anything else in a man besides pure strength," Zenia flirted, "Its almost as attractive."
Nicholas gently pushed her to half of arm's length, "Thank you, Zenia." Nicholas took note of her blazing tail, and attempted to avoid making her feel bad, "Youre quite an attractive woman yourself."
Zenia froze, her face flushed red, Her heart pounded against her ribs. She stammered, but was unable to speak. As Nick began to walk away, she blurted out, "I would like to spar with you!" She sqeezed her eyes shut, It was better than what was really on her mind.
Nick Paused, and recalled Chandra's advice. The politician turned and Nodded, "Of course." He granted. Behind Zenia, Alice chuckled, and closed herself inside of her rose.
Upon entering the estate, Nicholas watched Isa slither by in the hallway, then reappear in the adjacent doorway, "Father? do you have a moment?" Isa asked, Something behind her back. Hearing a noise to his righ in the laundry room, Sora was scrubbing Laundry In a wooden barrel of soapy water.
Nicholas raised a finger, "Sora, A moment of your time?" He asked, the kikimora snapped to attention.
"Yes, master Nick?" she complied.
"Our new guest has taken residence in My green house; when you have no chores, could you fetch her a pail of fresh water?" Nicholas asked, Lowering his hand.
Sora bowed her head and smiled, "Of course, master." She gleamed, happy for another task.
Nicholas turned back to Isa, "What did you need, dear?" He asked, Approaching his adopted daughter.
Isa produced her violin from behind her back, "Tonight, Before you rest, I would like to play my violin for you," She hid the instrument behind her back, "I discovered a biography about a Famed musician in your library, I believe his name was..." The lamia struggled with The name, unable to decipher it into it's proper Pronunciation.
"Do you mean 'Beethoven'?" Nicholas corrected, and Isa pointed at him with one finger suddenly.
"Yes! him," She exclaimed, "Ludwig van Beethoven, ive taken quite a liking to his orchestras." Isa turned the Composer over in her head, She had questions that could be answered in the library.
Nicholas hugged Isa, And then looked into her eyes, "I would love to hear you play his music later, why dont you go practice? Zenia wants me for a sparring partner." He suggested. Isa smiled and eagerly made her way back to her room.
Two hours later, after Zenia and Nick wore themselves down with sword play, Isa played her violin in privacy with Nicholas, Who happily listened to her until he fell asleep to the sounds of a famed musician.