//PART 1: STAY//

A/N: This is the first contest entry I've done, but I am by no means going in any particular order. Enjoy :)) xox
***
Story Summary:

"I like you, okay? I have for the whole year, and I thought that I might even have a chance. But when I heard you wonder why you would even date me, I couldn't handle it. And now, I'm here."

I sigh, knowing I would have to tell him sometime.

"Ben, I'm gay."

***

"How's Ben?" Ashley asks.

My cheeks burn up, not because I like him, or because I'm embarrassed, but because I'm mad. I spot Ben across the room and heave a sigh. "Why are you asking me?" She mumbles something incoherent and I say "What?" "Never mind." She replies. "No, what?" I press Ashley. "Oh, I just thought you guys were dating."

Anger boils up under my skin, and I try my hardest not to have an outburst.

"No, we're not, and besides, why would I even want to date him?" My voice rises I get angrier and I feel a jolt as I look past Ashley and towards tbe door.

I see the back of Ben's sneakers as he runs out of the room.

***

I walk into the class commons to see Ben sitting on one of the cushions.

I walk towards him and take a seat. "Why'd you run out of the classroom like that?" I ask him, concern in my voice. "You wouldn't understand." He mutters under his breath. "What are you talking about, Ben?" He rolls his eyes and places his chin in his hands.

"Ben, what is it?"

I hear him say something that sounds remarkably like 'I like you'.

"What?" I say a little louder.

"I like you, okay? I have for the whole year, and I thought I might actually have a chance. But when I heard you wonder why you would even date me, I couldn't handle it. And here I am now."

I sigh, knowing I would have to tell him sometime.

"Ben, I'm gay."

***

"Oh my goodness! Thank you so much mom!" I grin happily from ear to ear, excited that it is Christmas morning.

I look at the brand new life proof phone case in front of me. It isn't that big of a deal, but it still means somethings to me. I hug my mom and notice that there is one more present under the tree, unnoticed by the big pile around me. I walk towards it, and see who it's addressed to.

Me.

I shrug my shoulders and proceed to open it. I tear open the wrapping paper, and gasp, tears springing to my eyes, as I look at the letter attached.

Merry Christmas,

I'm glad you're gay.

Stay that way

From,

Ben