//UNUSUALLY BEAUTIFULLY TRAGIC: CHAPTER 2//

Lakshmi

Beep beep beep beep BEEEEEPPPPPP

My alarm clock grows continually louder as I've put it to snooze too many times.

I stretch my limbs out a little bit and groan, getting out reluctantly.

I walk down my hallway, down the stairs, through the dining room and into the kitchen.

I grab a bagel and start roasting it, because I can't function without food in the morning.

As I get the butter out of the fridge and set it on the counter, I eye the time: 6:32

My brain screams, so I repeat the routine if walking through the kitchen, dining room, steps and room.

I get dressed for the day and trudge back through the routine, getting my bagel and brushing my teeth along the way.

I kiss my parents bye and step out in the world:towards the bus stop.

As I'm walking down the street my mom hollers "Don't take anyone's crap Lakshmi!"

I smile.

They may be Indian, but they still kick some serious butt.

~

Sabeen

I drag my feet through the doors of school, and climb up the 3 flights of stairs to my locker.

"Hey Sabeen!" I hear my friend Cameron call out.

I come to rest at my locker and give her a high-five, still fighting the sleep off.

"Sup girl" I say with a half smile on my face.

She pokes me and says "Someone's not awake! But, nothing much, just another amazing Monday!"

How can she feel so peppy on a Monday? I need to learn some things from her.

"Alright, alright, I have to get to art early now so I can see Lakshmi." I say to Cameron, spinning the combination on my lock and gathering some books.

She raises her eyebrows suggestively and says "Ok, see you at lunch!"

I give her a weird look as she walks away, and then go on my merry way to first period art class.

~

Lakshmi

I wait patiently in my seat in Mr. Smackle's art room, hoping to see Sabeen before the start of first period.

Just as I begin to sigh and think about her, she struts right in the door, tiredness in her eyes and a wave to her short red hair.

I jump up and engulf her in a hug.

"SABYY!!" I call her by her ridiculous nickname and circle my arms around her neck.

Her laugh tickles my neck and I sigh into the hug as she says "I missed you so much Lak!"

Sabeen's arms wrap tighter around my waist and I breath in her scent, excited to be back in her presence.

~

Sabeen

Art class goes by fast when I'm with Lakshmi, and we go on through 2nd and 3rd period apart, going to our respective classrooms.

When I finally get to our table, at our ridiculous lunch hour of 10:30 am, I sit and wait for Lakshmi, getting my food out.

Lunch goes by again, as I tell her about my ridiculously boring ski trip, and she tells me how much she missed me.

As people start to pack up, I say, "I'll see you after school, at the library" (our usual meeting place since we don't get to see each other the rest of the day)

"Ok, I love you so much!"

"Love you too!"

We exchange warm smiles and walk off, ready to conquer the day.

~

Hey few readers of mine!!

This chapter was almost 600 words and I'm getting really excited to write:) I hope you enjoyed this, and I'll hope to get multiple chapters out tomorrow, today if possible.(only a small chance)

So, continue to make me feel good about my writing and I'll see you all soon!

Xoxo,

Soph😇