12-Christmas Time!~ Alexandra Evans

Chapter 12- Alexandra Evans

"Come on, Hermione! You wake her up, she'll kill us if we do it!" I heard one voice complain. After a minute it registered as Ron's voice. I couldn't believe that I'd actually fallen asleep in the common room after I finished. Now they seemed to be arguing over who had to wake me up. I didn't blame them though, I wasn't a very happy morning person.

"She won't kill you! I have about as much chance of being killed as you do!" I heard Hermione's voice respond in a harsh tone. I mentally rolled my eyes, they should have already realized that their talking would wake me up. I mean seriously, if you're arguing right beside a person then the odds are pretty high that they're going to wake up.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not going to kill anyone. Unless my hair is pink, in which case everyone near me will die," I told them with a small smirk on my face. I heard three people jump before I opened my eyes fully. I was sleeping on the floor, Hermione, Ron and Harry had backed up a bit due to my joking threat about pink hair. "You know I was just kidding, well I really do hate pink. But still, just kidding!" I told them while I sat up. 

"Why were you sleeping on the floor?" Hermione asked me. I rubbed my sore head, it hurt to sleep on hard wood floor without a pillow. I really needed to remember that couches didn't like me sleeping on them, I always fell off.

"I was sleeping on the couch but I think I must have rolled off in the middle of the night," I explained as I thought of the possibilities. That was the only one I could think of though. That or the couch decided to throw me off in the middle of the night.

"Well now that she's awake, can we open the presents?" Ron begged. Hermione rolled her eyes before nodding a yes. Ron grinned and ran towards a the tree with presents underneath it. I pushed myself up onto the couch so I could watch. I knew I didn't get anything, I never did. Well except for Sirius that is.

"Aren't you going to open your presents, Alex?" Hermione asked me when she saw me sitting on the couch. I raised my eyebrows and she gestured to a small pile of presents with my name on them. A huge grin grew across my face as I sat down on the floor. They weren't much but I didn't care, they were probably the best presents I ever got.

I got a book on potions from Hermione. . .a box of sweets from Ron. . .a green and black Weasley jumper from Mrs. Weasley. . .A FIREBOLT FROM SIRIUS! I looked at it in amazement, I had never actually ridden a broom before but Sirius said that my mother had played on the Quidditch team when she was at Hogwarts. Then I opened my last present, from Harry. IT WAS AN IPOD TOUCH! It already had a hundred dollars on the ITunes account so I could pick out what songs and apps I could buy. Talk about amazing!

"Thank you so much! I can't believe you got me this stuff!" I told them happily. I knew that my eyes would be a bright green at the moment, reflecting how happy I was. There had only been a handful of times that I'd been so happy.

"Wow! I got a Firebolt!" Harry exclaimed. I smiled at the gift Sirius had chosen to get him, it would be perfect for him. Not to mention perfectly safe since I'd helped Sirius cast some safety spells on it that didn't let hex's or jinx's affect it.

"That's so awesome! You have to try it out later," I told him happily. He nodded with a wide grin covering his face. I had decided to let myself have Christmas. It would be the one day that I got to have fun with people I cared about.

"We should all go down to the Quidditch field after breakfast," he offered to everyone. Hermione looked skeptical at the broom but Ron seemed happy enough as long as he got a turn. I was happy to watch since I could try my own at a later time. 

"I'll join you down there later, I have a friend to visit before I do anything else. I'm going after breakfast though so let's go get some food!" I explained quickly. They all gave me odd looks when I said the word 'friend' but followed me down to the hall none the less. I was happy to finally get to have a bit of fun, just one day of it.