26-The True Gryffindor~ Alexandra Evans

Chapter 26- Alexandra Evans 

I bolted up in a dangerously cold sweat, my heart pounding hard in my chest. My head swung side to side when I didn't recognize my surroundings immediately. It was a good thing that Annabeth was there though, otherwise I would have panicked more then I did. She looked extremely relieved that I was there and awake again. Honestly, I didn't think that it was that big of a deal. I had no idea what I missed so I decided to ask. 

"What happened?" I asked her, guessing that there was more then just me taking a nap. Her face went grave at the question. She was starting to get worked up over what I said though. It was starting to get scary. 

"What happened? WHAT HAPPENED? YOU PASSED OUT FROM HEAT EXHAUSTION AND SCARED MOST OF US HALF TO DEATH IS 'WHAT HAPPENED?'" Annabeth practically yelled at me like I was deaf. If I was any less of a Gryffindor, I would have been really scared. Luckily, I was a Gryffindor and it didn't scare me quite as much. 

"Oops," I mumbled. I knew that I'd met people that were scary, but they were all even more afraid of me. Annabeth though, now that was something truly scary. I'd honestly met people that were very scary in New York while I lived there, Annabeth made them look like cowering puppies. If I was any less of a Gryffindor in bravery, I would have been out of there in less then half a second. Do you get the point that I'm showing you yet? She was one of the scariest people I ever met.  

Annabeth sat back down in her chair not too far from the edge of my bed. She let out a slight sigh that let me know that she had really been worried. It made my heart flutter at the fact that someone actually cared about me. At the same time though, it made me sick that I needed anyone else to help me. 

"You've been out for almost a week from heat exhaustion. Do you realize how stupid that was?" she snapped at me. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes for the simple factor that she had been so worried about me. It would be better if I'd been just on my own.  

"Sorry," I mumbled quietly. Annabeth just smiled and passed me a glass of water off the nightstand next to my bed. The water seemed to re-energize me more than anything else. I guess I just hadn't realized how important it was to get the right amount of water for everything. Then again, the water might als be helping be because I was a daughter of Poseidon. The main reason for everything was probably how hot it was wearing all my thick clothes. Not only were they thick though, they were also skin covering. That's what I needed though. I wasn't ready to explain the history behind all of the scars that I had. 

"Just remember to hydrate, and maybe don't wear long sleeve shirts when practicing. I suggest getting ready to go, we just landed in Rome, Italy," Annabeth said proudly. Of course, I pretended to be happy about this. Truth be told, I still hadn't figured out where we were going, but I figured that was where we had to be. I really did want to know what the entire quest was for and why I really needed to be there for people who obviously didn't need me. 

"I've always wanted to travel the world. I'll see you when I'm done. Please though, don't wait for me to be ready. Go for whatever you're going for and I'll meet up with everyone else later," I told her proudly. She smiled and nodded.  

"Wish me luck," she told me happily before heading out the door. I smiled to myself, I somehow knew that she really was going to need the luck. 

"Good luck," I whispered quietly after she left. I stepped out of bed and headed over to my bag to get some clean clothes. While I looked through, I couldn't help but wonder what I had missed while I was out. It had been a week, so it must have been quite a lot. Not to mention how much had happened just in my first days.  

From my bags, I pulled out a white long sleeve and a pair of green and black capris. With my clean clothes in hand, I headed over to my personal bathroom and turned on the shower. I was relieved to find that the water was freezing cold. It was a nice change from my boiling hot, previous clothes.