23-The New Prophecy~ Percy Jackson

Chapter 23- Percy Jackson

I was more than shocked that Alex was my cousin. The one time I had met her, I felt how powerful she was. Even for a child of the big three, she was extremely powerful. She was my cousin though, I never knew that my mother had a sister. Let alone one that had an extremely powerful daughter with anger issues. Like really, who uses air to push a person across the deck? 

"I don't know Percy. My instincts tell me that she isn't going to be a daughter of Zeus. Even in the air she seems a bit uncomfortable. It just doesn't add up," Annabeth huffed. I frowned, when Annabeth wouldn't figure something out then you knew you were in trouble. More than anything, I just wanted answers.  

"Well, Zeus does seem like the most obvious answer. She uses the air for her advantage and Zeus is the only one that Athena doesn't hate. But I agree with you, it just doesn't add up," I told Annabeth. My arm was wrapped around her shoulder. Everyone else was somewhere else on the ship. Hazel and Frank were off somewhere. Jason was near the back of the ship with Piper. Leo was directing the ship. Coach Hedge was watching TV. Alex was reading letters from her evil owl. Annabeth and I had our nice alone time for once. For once. 

Suddenly a scream broke through the previously quiet area. I swung my head over to see Alex down in the fetal position. Her face was showing her obvious pain. Nothing around her seemed to be hurting her, but Annabeth and I rushed down there anyways. In a few minutes, everyone was there. We were all trying to figure out what was hurting her. 

The random screams came to a sudden stop though. They were replaced by screams of pure meaning and words that I knew would be important. I looked over and saw that Coach Hedge was actually the one writing everything down. 

"THE THREE WITH DWELL IN THE DARKNESS WHILE THE OTHER SEVEN VENTURE TO THE LONG LOST LANDS! WHEN THEY TRY TO TAKE WHAT IS DEAREST TO HER, SHE SHALL RULE IN THE FINAL JUDGMENT! WITH THE POWERFUL ONE'S HELP, THEY WILL PREVALE ONLY TO BE ONCE AGAIN TRAPPED IN TIME! WHEN THE TIME COMES. THE WORLDS MUST UNITE TO DEFEAT THE BIGGEST THREAT KNOWN!" she screamed out. As she finished, she continued to scream in pain until Hazel put her to sleep. Pluto powers to the rescue. 

After the three girls took her down to her room, we had a meeting out on the deck. Leo really was attached to the ship. He refused to leave the deck while we were still close to Camp Jupiter. Good captain at that though. 

"I think that we might have a few problems with this new prophecy. Like the fact that we know nothing about any of it," Hazel pointed out. I knew that she wanted to be helpful and knowing so little was going to frustrate her. It was the same way that it was with Annabeth. 

"Well, the first sentence could apply to us, 'the three will dwell in the darkness while the other seven venture to the lost lands.' With Nico, we'll have the right number for it. The lost lands will probably refer to Greece," I pointed out. Hazel had a distant look in her eyes, but nodded her head. 

"The second sentence refers to a girl though. It basically says that she'll be the maker of a very important decision," Annabeth went on. We all nodded, worried about who 'she' was going to be when the time came. 

"The third line suggests that with a very powerful person, we will win. But it also says that we'll be stuck in time," Frank continues. I knew that by time being stopped it had to be the Lotus Hotel and Casino, it was the only answer. 

"The final line says that the worlds will combine to defeat a big threat. That has to mean that Greek and Roman demigods will unite. Right?" Leo asked in an almost worried voice. We were all worried about it though. There was nothing we could do about it other than worry like crazy, it wasn't a quest sort of prophecy. 

"I think we should get some sleep before Alex wakes up again," I suggested tiredly. A creak behind me made me jump. 

"Now why would that be?" she asked in a slightly tired voice. Her blue eyes were filled with pain of a million monsters. Her black hair seemed lifeless against her ghostly pale skin. Finally, the scar on her cheek made her look like a murderer.  

Before I could answer her, Annabeth stepped forwards. Alex was a very scary person, no matter how strong you are. She was also a hurt person though, the breakdown just proved that. The lifeless look in her eyes just proved that she needed help that she wasn't going to get. Help that was far out of reach from her. 

"Alex, you should get some sleep. You used a lot of energy today, energy that you're going to need tomorrow," Annabeth told her in a calm voice. Alex shook her head though, a warning that she wasn't going to listen to what Annabeth was trying to prove. 

"Annabeth, I have to know what I said. Those breakdowns hurt me, I need something out of them, even if it is as small as words. Please, I'll be fine in the morning. Right now though, I have to know," Alex explained to Annabeth. This was a side of Alex that none of us had ever seen. There was the break down part of her and the touchy outer part. Never had we seem the desperate side of her. Annabeth caved in with this look. I would have too though. 

"Coach Hedge, read the prophecy," Annabeth ordered as she joined the rest of us. Alex stood still as he pulled the prophecy out of his pocket. Her face had a blank expression, but her eyes were filled to the brim with worry. I had no idea what she would have to worry about though. 

"The three with dwell in the darkness while the other seven venture to the long lost lands. When they try to take what is dearest to her, she shall rule in the final judgment. With the powerful one's help, they will prevale only to be once again trapped in time. When the time comes, the worlds will unite to defeat the biggest threat known," Coach Hedge recited. Alex's eyes were now showing signs of shock, even when her face was blank. 

"Thank you, I needed to know that. I'm afraid I must tell you one more piece of news before I go off to bed-" she was cut off by Leo. I sent him a glare when he said it, but Alex managed to crack a tiny smile at it. 

"Are you from England? You seem to have that english accent that they have," Leo commented. As his question was asked, everyone, except for Alex, glared at him. He shrugged his shoulders innocently as though nothing had happened. "I have to know." 

"Yes, my mother was from England, but she moved to New York after finishing school. After she. . .passed, I was in New York alone. This year though, I went off to a boarding school in England for the year. I would have been going again this year if this hadn't popped up. Back to what I was say. I'm a daughter of Poseidon. Good night!" she exclaimed before disappearing into almost thin air. Never would get how she did that. One second she was there and the next she was gone. 

She was my half sister and my cousin. I wonder what they call those. Other than weird. It still didn't add up though. None of it ever did.

AN*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Here's the chapter, hope you liked it. Enjoy your Christmas/winter break everyone:)

Question of the chapter. . .

What was the first prophecy that Percy Jackson ever heard?

Vote.

Comment.

Fan.

~Kita:)