20-The Niece~ Sally Jackson

Chapter 20- Sally Jackson 

In front of my stood a girl no older than 13. She had a scary appearance. Her hair gave her face a creepy shadow that was only emphasized by a scar on her cheek. Her appearance was one that said she had seen too much for one so young. Yet something seemed really familiar about her. She had a similar appearance to Percy, the hair matched perfectly. Her blue eyes had a tint of worry to them, but also happiness. It was something that had left me completely puzzled at the time. 

"Are you Sally Jackson?" she asked me in a rough questioning tone. I could tell that she wouldn't take no for an answer if I lied to her. She had better places to be and I was only one stop on her journey.  

"Yes, and you are?" I asked her. I saw the shadow of a smile cross her face before disappearing once again. It was gone so fast I wasn't even sure that it was there. She seemed too hurt and upset to seem happy though. 

"I think it would be better if we talked about this inside. This could take awhile," she told me in a slightly hesitant tone. I couldn't help but let out a wisp of hope that it was about Percy, more than anything I needed him to be okay. He had been missing for half a year and I still hadn't heard a word of him, everyone was looking for him, but no one had seen him. 

I moved aside and let her come in before leading her to the kitchen, she went in ahead of me so that I didn't have to watch my back when I went in. Suddenly I got a dangerous vibe from her, something that said she was out to hurt some one. I reached over the table and grabbed up one of the daggers Percy brought me from camp. He said it was for if a monster ever came into the house when he wasn't home, he said I needed something for self defence. 

She must have been a monster, there was no other explanation. The vibe she was giving off was too powerful to be a demigod or a mortal. She was something else, she was dangerous. I held the dagger tightly as I walked around the corner and into the room the girl was in. She was sitting at the kitchen table, taking in her surroundings. She didn't notice a thing when I came in with the dagger. She looked up at me when I spoke. 

"Who are you and why are you here?" I demanded with the dagger pointed at her throat. She looked at the dagger with slight doubt that I would actually use it. Little did she know how ready I was to use it on her if she threatened Paul or I. 

"Really Aunt Sally? Yesterday it was wands and now it's knives. I can't help but wonder what tomorrow will bring," she said in a puzzled tone. What did she mean by Aunt? Petunia would never let a witch live with her, she was too against them to allow any of it. Lily and Violet were dead, no one was left in the family to give birth to a witch. 

"What do you mean by Aunt? Did you bring me news of Percy? Why are you here?" I ranted off on her. She let out a small smirk. I took a step forwards and was about to try stabbing her, when the dagger flew across the room and out of my hand. It stuck out of the wall as though some one had just tried to stab the wall with it. 

"I've met Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase once, they saved my life when I thought I had no hope of continuing. I know nothing of where Percy is. I must excuse myself though, I seem to have forgotten the few manners I do have from my earlier age. I'm Alex, Alexandra Evans actually. Daughter of Violet Evans," she told me with a laughing smirk. I gaped at the words she had said. Violet had died on the plane ride from the UK. Didn't she? 

"That's impossible, Violet Evans died over 13 years ago. You can't be her daughter, she never had a baby," I said stubbornly. She smiled, but it wasn't exactly a smile. It was more like the ghost of a smile long past. It was one that said she was hiding what the real truth was. 

"No she didn't. I heard the story when I was in the hospital last week. When she saved you, she saved herself too. She knew that something was too important to tell to anyone. Once she let everyone believe she was dead, she hid out in New York. At one point she had me. They said it was too dangerous though. They called a third party in to protect us, he left just after my 8th birthday. Almost an entire year after that, when I was still 8 though, she was murdered in front of my very eyes. She had told me to run, but I couldn't do it.  

"I watched her die myself before I was taken away to the Orphanage. After a year between the homes, I had finally left to the streets. I lived on the streets, in an abandoned house, until my 13th birthday. On the morning of my 13th birthday, an owl brought me my letter to Hogwarts. I've met my cousin there, but now I'm taking a year or two off. Here is my first stop, Dumbledore said he would give me help to the next one once I'm done here," she went off in an explanation. I let out a large smile at her words, she had given me another family member.  

"I-I just can't believe it. I can't believe she lived. She had you, and no one knew. If only I'd known sooner, and Percy met you," I mumbled to myself. I just couldn't believe it. I couldn't think of how any of it happened without me knowing. 

"It's all true. After an incident about a week ago, I had to spend some time in the hospital wing at Hogwarts. While I was in there I did a bit of research and found you. From the fake last name, I had guessed that you were related to Percy. I had been hoping that he would be here to help me, but something had told me that he wasn't. I just came to let you know that I'm here and I'm real. Lily also had a son though, with James Potter. His name is Harry Potter, he took down Voldemort when he was nothing more then a baby. I'm afraid that I have to go now, if I don't then I may never have the chance to follow this life," she told me. I didn't want her to leave, not when I'd just found out that she was alive. I had to let her go though, she had a destiny that she had to follow. 

"I understand. I must ask you to try and contact me if you find any information on Percy. Just remember that if you're ever in need of a place to say, you can come here. You'll always have a place to stay while you're in New York," I told her. She stood up from her chair with a sad smile on her face and I gave her a hug, when we separated I saw she had a sad look on her face. Something was happening with her that not even she knew about. I could tell that she had been through more than she should have been when she still had family living. 

"Thank you so much, Sally. I'll find a way to contact you if I hear anything about Percy or I'll get Percy to contact you," she promised me. I couldn't help it when a smile grew across my face, she was such a great niece. The niece that I didn't know I had. A niece I wish I'd known about soon, one that no one told me about. 

After a sad and short goodbye, she left. I could only hope that she found Percy safely.

AN*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Sorry about not updating yesterday, I was really busy. There aren't very many things that I have to cover in this chapter. Just one small thing that was pointed out to me.

There is a major time difference from when Harry Potter was written and when Percy Jackson was written. I've made it so that the Harry Potter part of the book has been moved up to match the Percy Jackson part. Sorry about not clarifying that earlier.

Question of the chapter. . .

What is your favourite book?

Vote if you liked it.

Comment thoughts and answers.

Fan me cause it's the nice thing to do.

~Kita:)