Time

Time.

It's a funny concept.

One second could feel like an eternity and an eternity could feel like a second. It's just a rule of nature.

Natu and Lucy, however, played jump-rope with that rule.

For Natsu, the previous night went by in a blur.

One second Natsu and Lucy hanging out with their partners at the guilds bar, Lucy laughing it up with Sting and he was making googly eyes at Lisanna, and the next they're all going home.

One second he and Lucy are splitting a cab, the next they're making out with each other.

One second they reach Lucy's house and the next he gets off with her.

One second they're making out again and the next, they end up in her bed.

But the second they finished, the next minute of awkward silence felt like an eternity.

"We can never speak of this," Lucy was the first one to break the silence.

"Agreed."

"Okay Natsu, let me ask you this: did it mean anything to you?"

He didn't know how to answer.

"Did it mean anything to you?" He asked her instead.

"Of course not!" Lucy.

Natsu thought that was the right time to answer. "Then, of course not!"

"How could you say that it didn't?!" Jesus, Lucy really was a weird woman.

"Of course it did!"

"No it didn't!! It can't!"

Can Lucy not make up her mind?

"Look, we did something bad and we can never speak of it. God, we are horrible people!! I cheated on Sting, one of the nicest guys ever!"

"Agh!! How could I do that to Lisanna?!" Natsu felt no need to elaborate on how terrible they both were.

"Okay Natsu, once my feet touch the ground, this never happened." He nodded as they both got dressed and Natsu made his way out the door, feeling way to bummed to take the window.

What on earth were they going to do at the guild party?! Lucy had invited Sting and now things were gonna be hella awkward.

|•••|•••|•••|•••|•••|•••|•••|•••|•••|

"Are you okay?" Natsu asked Lucy the next day at the guild party. She was freaking out but Natsu kept his cool.

"Well, let's see. I'm about to be stuck at a party with the guy I cheated on and the guy I cheated with and the girl the guy I cheated with cheated on. So not great," she said with a shake of her head.

"We need to tell them," she said exasperatedly after a second of contemplation. Natsu could only nod in agreement.

"Oh but it's gonna be so uncomfortable to tell them. Although, we have to, we just gotta. We can't lie to them," Lucy looked at Natsu with something unrecognizable in her eyes.