Chapter 24

Violets POV

I looked at Liz for a second, and she seemed really kind. I think I'll be fine.

She let us in, and then a bunch of yells erupted from inside. Everyone ran towards the boys, and then I awkwardly stood there while they got attention from their families who lived them.

I looked down at my feet, and played with my thumbs. My head shot up when Luke said my name.

"That's Violet. Go give her a hug too," Luke said, and smirked.

"Oh, no, really I don't n-"

They all just gave me a big group hug, and I was staring down Luke the whole time.

I mouthed the words,"I hate you," and he blowed me a kiss.

I got to meet everyone, know names, and talked for a bit. Then there was questions.

"So how's your family?" Liz asked, and I flinched.

It came back in just seconds. The fights, the pain, the drinks on the table. It knocked me dead for a second before Ashton chimed in.

"They're not really around," he said, and I smiled.

"Oh, well, how about friends?"

"Oh, um."

She came back to my mind too. The sudden hit to the headboard. The lights. The hospital. It was getting too much.

"Where's your bathroom?" I asked quickly, and she pointed down the hallway which I rushed down.

I closed the door behind me, and fell to the floor.

"Shit."

I started to breathe faster, and I was freaking out. My hands were shaking, and my head was racing.

"Violet? You okay?" I heard someone say outside.

"Y-yeah," I tried to say, but barely came out.

Whoever it was, the tried opening the door, but I locked it. Why did I lock it?

"Violet?"

They became more worried, and I started to feel light headed. I tried to reach the handle, but my hands were shaking so much. I almost had it, and then I fell to the floor.

"VIOLET?" They started screaming, and it became to much. I couldn't breathe. I heard multiple shouts from the other side of the door, but I couldn't move.

The door slammed open, and I saw Luke. He grabbed me, and he was freaking out too. I couldn't hear much besides ringing in my ears, and the things being said in my mind.

You're embarrassing yourself

They're disgusted by you

They hate your problem

They don't care

Just leave

They never wanted you here

I wasn't paying attention to what was happening, just the voices in my head.

You're causing a scene

They hate you

Repulsed by you

Why are you even alive?

Why should they care about your little panic attack?

You're not important

"What the hell do we do?!" I heard someone scream, and conversations broke out.

They don't want to help you

They never asked you to be here

"Violet? You need to calm down," I heard Luke say.

He doesn't care either

He just feels bad for you

"Just listen to my voice. Focus on it."

Don't listen to him

He cheated on you

He hates you

Your scars

Your imperfections

He hates them

"Violet listen to me."

Don't

"Calm down."

Stop

"It's okay. We're right here, just calm down. You're okay."

STOP

"It's okay. Your family, not your fault."

STOP IT

"Sam, not your fault either."

STOP LISTENING

"It's okay. Just please calm down."

STOP LISTENING TO THIS BULLSHIT

Then they stopped.

"That's right, calm down. It's okay."

My breathing slowed down, and my shaking started to stop.

"You're okay, you're safe, it's okay."

I gripped onto Luke's shirt, and started to calm down.

You can do it

Calm down

Don't listen to the voices

Listen to only yours Violet

You're strong

I finally calmed down, and they laid me down on the couch. I guess they thought I was sleeping, but I was just listening.

"Is she okay?" I heard Calum's mom ask.

"Yeah, she just had a panic attack," Ashton said.

"Why?"

"You asked her some things that were actually personal," Luke said, and sighed.

"Like her family? I didn't mean to make her upset," Liz said worried.

"You didn't know," Michael said.

"What happened with her family, and her friend?" Ashton's brother asked.

"Stuff that's only for adult ears," He said, and I guess his siblings left the room.

"So what happened?" Michaels mom asked.

"Well, her father was abusive and a drunk, her mom left her, and her friend died in a car accident," Luke said, and I could just feel him playing with his lip ring.

"That's horrible," Liz said, and I could feel her guilt.

"You didn't know mom."

"I know, but I caused it by asking," she said.

"It wasn't your fault."

I just let it sink in what he was saying, but I knew he cared. At the same time, my voices were telling me different.